+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cashless turnstiles

I don't like not being able to pay on the turnstile with cash but then again I'm a grumpy sod who's stuck in the past ha ha. At least we'll all be used to the system when it comes to those sell-out games in the champions league.

Buy online and get it cheaper afterall it is the 21st century Then use your phone for them to scan the bar code off, works a treat. You don't even need a printer.

What would be good would be contactless payment at the turnstyles. I understand the security reasons to have cashless turnstyles.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Going online and printing off a ticket is far easier than messing about with cash at the turnstile.....
    Stop talking empty! How the hell can starting your PC, logging on, opening your browser, logging on to the OS, picking your seat, check out, card entry, starting your printer etc etc...... be easier than handing over £xx at the turnstile?

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Stop talking empty! How the hell can starting your PC, logging on, opening your browser, logging on to the OS, picking your seat, check out, card entry, starting your printer etc etc...... be easier than handing over £xx at the turnstile?

Whats this internet thingy ?

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Whats this internet thingy ?
    Exactly!!

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Exactly!!
    is it like getting Radio Luxembourg with a metal coat hanger in the back of your transistor radio ?

I was pretty critical of this at the time. Mostly because the website purchasing was diabolical. That has improved.

It's still a pain, and definitely means you have to take your decision to attend much earlier (I don't have a printer at home) which does put off some of our party.

So in short, is it the end of the world, no.

Have to say though, if the dross we've been used to was still being served up I suspect the greater aggravation (it is more of a pain, that's indisputable) would have more of an effect.

I don't think anyone should consider valid criticism of the system to be moaning though.

Has only stopped me going on one occasion thus far (ability to go was known too late).

But on the flip side, on another occasion it meant I bought a ticket for a game which I ended up not being able to attend...

There should probably be a ticket purchase kiosk, separate from the "freebies" queue though.

Judging by this thread the vast majority see this as no inconvenience(although I cannot see how it can be "easier" than paying cash) & most of us have STs anyway, but for some, the last minute deciders, the should I shouldn't I bother? & potential new fans who turn up with cash it obviously is. I don't mind myself but still cannot understand the advantage of having a Kiosk where you can pay cash for a ticket that you then have to produce at the turnstile, why not just open one cash turnstile for each stand & do away with the middle man?

I get the idea of cashless turnstiles and I have no issue with buying my ticket beforehand etc. However I can see how this could put off someone who having heard that Hollis is back at CB decides they fancy it at 2.30pm on a Saturday.

As someone further up the thread has mentioned a massive improvement of the current system would be contactless payment at the turnstile, SORT IT OUT NOTTS.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast