+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cashless turnstiles

Cashless turnstiles

I know this as been discussed on here before the season started but what do fans think 7 games in?
    The reason I am asking is that last night 10 mins before kick off the queue for a ticket stretched from the office past the MLSB bar, many of those fans would probably have missed the first ten minutes. Luckily the rain hadn't started then.
    I know of 2 people who have stopped coming to home games because of this because they live/work away and struggle to get there early or in the week.
    This is not a moan by me because I have a season ticket but wondered what is the feeling among the fans.

We're British we like queuing

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I know this as been discussed on here before the season started but what do fans think 7 games in?
    The reason I am asking is that last night 10 mins before kick off the queue for a ticket stretched from the office past the MLSB bar, many of those fans would probably have missed the first ten minutes. Luckily the rain hadn't started then.
    I know of 2 people who have stopped coming to home games because of this because they live/work away and struggle to get there early or in the week.
    This is not a moan by me because I have a season ticket but wondered what is the feeling among the fans.
    I understand the logic behind it but think it's a bit much for a club with four million empty seats.

Do your mates know that they can buy a ticket online and either print it or off or scan the barcode from their phone? A pal of mine does that and it always works fine.

There's never a queue at the little ticket shed for the Kop, either, if they sit in there.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    So they can't jump online and buy the tickets that way at any point then? All they have to do is print or show the bar code on their phone at the turnstile? It's really not an issue but people just like to moan I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    I understand the logic behind it but think it's a bit much for a club with four million empty seats.

Do your mates know that they can buy a ticket online and either print it or off or scan the barcode from their phone? A pal of mine does that and it always works fine.

There's never a queue at the little ticket shed for the Kop, either, if they sit in there.
    Funny that Jacob I met up with a mate who I persuaded to go down and when he saw the queue we parted and he went and sat in the kop.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantmypieback View Post
    So they can't jump online and buy the tickets that way at any point then? All they have to do is print or show the bar code on their phone at the turnstile? It's really not an issue but people just like to moan I suppose
    I don't know, maybe the don't have access to a computer etc. and who is moaning?
    If I go somewhere and don't like the service I just don't back again.
    Last edited by i961pie; 13-09-2017 at 07:59 AM.

I think the queue last night would have been people swapping their voucher for a free ticket rather than people just buying tickets.

The queue at the Kop kiosk didn't seem too bad at any point last night when I was walking past.

I would consider cashless as an annoyance but I can cope, I wouldn't have been happy if I had to trek to the ticket office every match though so the Kop kiosk is a life saver.

It works fine at nearly all other clubs in L2. I can't think of any other ground that isn't now cashless. Just Notts fans still reluctant to arrive 10 minutes before their usual time.

Going online and printing off a ticket is far easier than messing about with cash at the turnstile. Being able to choose your seat is nice as well, though some of our more challenged fans in the kop are still struggling with allocated seating.

Just like garlic bread, it's the future.

Don't forget Notts sold over 500+ tickets for Mansfield last night so that heavily contributed to the queues

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast