+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: United States of Europe?

Good question BT, you can add it to 'Why is Joe Hart still playing for England ?', as one of the mysteries of the age.

I am still struggling to see why the EU are so upset that we are leaving? If we mean nothing to them, what's the problem? If our trade deals mean nothing, what's the problem? If they're not bothered about whether they dictate our Laws, Policies and Rights, then what's the problem? If the money we've been paying them is insignificant, what's the problem? If the UK is just an insignificant Island across the Channel, then what is the problem? The unelected leaders of the EU are saying they will punish the UK for leaving, and then wonder why we are?

SNR
    they are upset because they like our money and won't have it after Brexit, unless they can hold us to ransom, by rubbishing our efforts and trying to pressurise us into a last minute unfavourable deal.
    I just hope we can make a clean break but too many still want to stay and are working hard to help them screw us.

They EU bigwigs are seriously getting up my nose now and I am not alone. Time we started tightening the screws...

They don't believe in democracy, every referendum that's had the 'wrong' result for them has been re-run until the 'right' result has been achieved, and they've never made any secret of the fact that consequences would follow, unless countries fell into line and voted the 'right' way next time. Our referendum has really put their noses out of joint, because they never expected a Leave vote, and they have no power to order a re-run.

They are now afraid of other countries wanting to leave should our economy thrive outside of the EU, so their aim is to ensure it doesn't. They are quite willing to inflict damage on the economies of their own EU countries as well as a consequence, that's as nothing to them, compared to the survival of the grand European superstate project.

I've noticed the BRITISH pound is back on the road to recovery!

All I read every day is that we are having problems reaching a deal for leaving the EU, Divorce settlement this and that.

For me I don't see a problem as we import more than we export to them and there are bigger fish in the sea, may cost us a little extra in the short term but there are others who would trade with us, not forgetting the EU would lose too much trade in their automobile industries for starters.

All it takes is a few wise folk with a lot of backbone to tell them NO DIVORCE SETTLEMENT, OUR BORDERS ARE NOW CLOSED AND JUST WALK AWAY, if they want to trade with us after their exports suffer (which they will) they could always come back to us with a deal, we voted to leave and it should be done and dusted, bollox to all the MP's with their snouts in the EU trough and their wealthy friends, this should be done for the benefit of the British people not the high and mighty.

I think the problem Alto is that it's a bit like when Princess Di said there were three of them in her marriage, there are three parties involved in Brexit, the UK, the 27 other EU countries, and the EU elite, but only two of them are involved in the negotiations. A trade deal would be the sensible way forward, beneficial for us and beneficial for the 27, but the EU Elite aren't interested, they have a different agenda, and unfortunately they're the ones we have to negotiate with.

That's exactly what I mean Sinkov, they are playing hard ball and want exorbitant amount of cash, just walk away and pay nothing, no trade deals at all, they will suffer more than we will, the EU as yourself has stated is an illegitimate business, and it will fail sooner rather than later.

Problems every day in the `negotiations` the EU Want more, just cut the tie with no deals and look elsewhere where there are other (better) Countries to deal with as the EU are not the only shop in the street, I'd bet after that they'd be the first to come back to us with fairer deals, but like I say it takes folk on our side who have some bollox, something we greatly lack.

Just work within the very reliable regulations of the World Trade Organisation and sod the EU.

We can trade merrily along, exempt VAT and duty in or out with the 27 EU member states and crack on!

One thing we need to do is assure all citizens of EU heritage who decided to settle here and build a life pre-Brexit that they are guaranteed the right to remain here with all of the same rights as a British citizen. Of course it will be incumbent on the EU to reciprocate with the same deal for British citizens settled in any one of the 27 EU member states.

Not hard is it? Like you say Alto, someone needs to grow a pair and just do it!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)