+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kieffer Moore injury update

Some of us talked about the Ajayi option at the match last night but I think it would be risky as his close control doesn't seem that great.
    We don't have to play with a big man up front. We could have Ball as the nominal striker as there is enough pace and threat in our side to give him adequate support.
    It would be no good putting high balls into the box but we have plenty of guile in midfield to slip clever passes in behind their defenders to give them lots of problems.
    After all, our fifth goal last night came as a result of a superb pass from Newell to Forde who then laid it across goal for Frecks to fire home at a time when Moore wasn't on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Ok fair enough but who would you leave out if you play another player up front with him?
    Good question Grist, hard to answer really
    if we play Ball upfront with him to start he can always drop into midfield if needed to, I would have said Frecks for yesterday's game (good job that didn't happen) maybe Towell

I just think we need to use other options because it's a risk using him every game on his own, He's not superman
    Last edited by millertop; 13-09-2017 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    On his own? I think it be a brave man to do it. Along side Ball maybe.

Agree with that

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Some of us talked about the Ajayi option at the match last night but I think it would be risky as his close control doesn't seem that great.
    We don't have to play with a big man up front. We could have Ball as the nominal striker as there is enough pace and threat in our side to give him adequate support.
    It would be no good putting high balls into the box but we have plenty of guile in midfield to slip clever passes in behind their defenders to give them lots of problems.
    After all, our fifth goal last night came as a result of a superb pass from Newell to Forde who then laid it across goal for Frecks to fire home at a time when Moore wasn't on the pitch.
    It would by nice for warne it could just give him that plan (b) that we have been looking for,just hope he does not go with JCH it does not seem to work with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    It would by nice for warne it could just give him that plan (b) that we have been looking for,just hope he does not go with JCH it does not seem to work with him.
    JCH is carrying too much muscle and as a consequence he's lost some of his pace.

Maybe though PW's comment on Moore might just be a smokescreen to keep Bradford guessing?

Maybe though PW's comment on Moore might just be a smokescreen to keep Bradford guessing?
    Excellent idea if true.

Quiet don't give the game away.

JCH is carrying too much muscle and as a consequence he's lost some of his pace.

Got to agree with ya Grist JCH lost his pace and is too top heavy. But ya never know he may just need some time to train and get in shape. Maybe he will be back in top forum for December.

Who knows maybe Moore will be back for the game against bra but I for one won't lose sleep over it if he's missing for one game to keep him fit for rest of matches.

Moore has been great in the last few matches, but can I sound a note of caution? He can't be as good as he seems. He's 25 and Ipswich picked him up last December for £10,000. I reckon if he was capable of doing this and keeping it up, he'd have done it before now and he wouldn't have been available for peanuts. Really hope I'm wrong, and he's the next (taller) Jamie Vardy. We'll see.

Towell is a strong lad with an eye for goal - worth pushing forward as a striker?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast