+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coutts & Billy

Coutts & Billy

Both attended the Whirlow Fayre on Sunday and I managed to grab a word with Coutts. Spoke about a few things but the following stood out:

Said Sunderland were crap. No fight from them and it was an easy game. Mentioned their fans and said it was like us under Adkins, but a bit worse. They'll really struggle this season.

Full of praise for Wilder and said it was like he just flipped a switch when he came into the place. Everyone was buzzing.

Talked about youngsters and said he was very surprised when DCL got his move to Everton. He reckons Brooksy will be a top, top player and the stuff he does in training is frightening.

Mentioned some players that he's surprised don't start more often, such as Carruthers. Samir is one of the more technical players and has bags of ability but, for some reason, Duffy just works better with him and Flecky. He reckons it's experience and Duffy's off the ball work that is the difference, but thinks Samir will deffo come good at some point.

I didn't manage to grab Billy for a word but Couttsy is a top lad and a nice bloke. I'm a fan.

Anybody know how his new song goes ? Got its first airing last night I believe

Quote Originally Posted by JosteinTime View Post
    Both attended the Whirlow Fayre on Sunday and I managed to grab a word with Coutts. Spoke about a few things but the following stood out:

Said Sunderland were crap. No fight from them and it was an easy game. Mentioned their fans and said it was like us under Adkins, but a bit worse. They'll really struggle this season.

Full of praise for Wilder and said it was like he just flipped a switch when he came into the place. Everyone was buzzing.

Talked about youngsters and said he was very surprised when DCL got his move to Everton. He reckons Brooksy will be a top, top player and the stuff he does in training is frightening.

Mentioned some players that he's surprised don't start more often, such as Carruthers. Samir is one of the more technical players and has bags of ability but, for some reason, Duffy just works better with him and Flecky. He reckons it's experience and Duffy's off the ball work that is the difference, but thinks Samir will deffo come good at some point.

I didn't manage to grab Billy for a word but Couttsy is a top lad and a nice bloke. I'm a fan.
    Interesting read - thanks JOS for the report - toxic fans are a very dangerous thing these days - can destroy a team's confidence very quickly.

Interesting comments. Not at all surprised about Brooks.

Any other players he's surprised don't start more often?

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Anybody know how his new song goes ? Got its first airing last night I believe
    Found it at last brush up for satdi

https://mobile.twitter.com/jhughesy8...359232/video/1

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Found it at last brush up for satdi

https://mobile.twitter.com/jhughesy8...359232/video/1
    That's pretty decent................talking of which I went to Wemberlee last night as a neutral (even tho I had to be registered as a Spurs fan to get a ticket which cost £42!!!).........the Dortmund fans were brilliant - they never stopped the entire game and had 3 drummers orchestrating things. Made the Yids look a sorry sight - I can call them Yids as that is what they proudly call themselves?!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    That's pretty decent................talking of which I went to Wemberlee last night as a neutral (even tho I had to be registered as a Spurs fan to get a ticket which cost £42!!!).........the Dortmund fans were brilliant - they never stopped the entire game and had 3 drummers orchestrating things. Made the Yids look a sorry sight - I can call them Yids as that is what they proudly call themselves?!
    and now there's 20000 Cologne fans in London - blimey - its the invasion we never had 70 years ago