+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool FC vs Burnley FC Opposition View point

Not quite sure how correcting a basic spelling error can be confused with racial profiling?

Die hard and die heart have two completely different meanings.

Burnley will concede 74% of the ball possession, score on the break and ruin Klopp's Saturday night with another famous away win. 1-0 Clarets with Wood to continue his goal scoring run of form. With another defeat, I wonder if Klopp's heart will die on him?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe@FOAR View Post
    Right. I disagree with your casual dismissal of this. In any case, the thread is now off-skew and I would like to bring this back to see if it can be salvaged at all. Credit will be given on our website to this Fan forum(and poster/s) for their contributions.

These are the questions:

1 : A great start to the season for Burnley, especially the coveted away win and that too against Chelsea. What do you think Dyche has changed this season?
    2: Tom Heaton has always performed brilliantly against Liverpool but now that he is injured, how do you think young Nick Pope will cope?
    3. Chris Wood has been a revelation hasn't he? Any other player Liverpool should be afraid of?
    4. Nahki Wells? How do you rate him?
    5. Burnley surprised us during the start of last season. What should be, as per your opinion, be the best approach against Klopp's Liverpool?
    6. Special Mention to Jon Walters. That monster has almost always scored against Liverpool for Stoke. How has he been this Season for your team?
    7. What is the biggest threat for Burnley against Liverpool and how would you tackle that if you were Sean Dyche?
    8. What is your prediction for the game?
    9. Finally, Where do you see Burnley at the end of the season?
    Is calling an Irishman "that monster" to be regarded as racial profiling?

Attachment 6480

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Is calling an Irishman "that monster" to be regarded as racial profiling?

Attachment 6480
    These days anything can be regarded by someone who wants to take offence as racist ***ist a slur on religion or whatever. I called a woman luv and got a haranguing as she was into ladies and I could never be her luv.
    As Joe didn't say say that Irish monster I think he can be excused.
    Jon might be pleased to seen as a monster, then again he might be reduced to tears.
    However Would monsters be offended I wonder?

Thanks to one and all! These were simply brilliant responses to our questions. We truly appreciate the time taken to answer these.

This is the link to the article:
    http://www.foarsite.com/2017/09/burn...ol-vs-burnley/

As for the rest of the stuff...water under the bridge and all that. Despite rivalries, we can all be friends and wish each other the best - that's the philosophy I live with. (unless you're a United supporter! )

We would like to wish you a great game...but obviously...not that great! haha

Cheers lads!

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by blueheeler1 View Post
    All great responses to our Liverpool friend's questions but with the question of game prediction the number of "wild cards" can often determine outcomes.

Early bookings can change plans and cause the booked players to rethink strategies.

Sending off will change things at the fundamental level.

Referee not giving equal free kicks or being biased with have a major impact on players' behavior.

Injuries to key players during the game can be dipterous.

Brain-storms in giving away own goal or leading directly to a goal.

Freezing up on the day and playing poorly.

Ans on and on.

We always predicate based upon know and anticipated situations but its in the Chaos of the game that so often throws all predictions out the window.
    Last edited by Joe@FOAR; 15-09-2017 at 08:59 AM.

For your interest, we also did a 20 min podcast previewing this game from our perspective.

Enjoy! https://hearthis.at/foarsite/foarcas...-preview-show/

Whatever the outcome, thanks for visiting the site and good luck for the rest of the season (apart from when you play us!)

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Whatever the outcome, thanks for visiting the site and good luck for the rest of the season (apart from when you play us!)
    Hear Hear!

Is this a scam.
    I got this message on. Your preview

We do not preview the Liverpool vs Burnley game at Anfield this Saturday.
    Do not listen to this pod!

Nothing to see here. Move along.
    Last edited by oldcolner; 15-09-2017 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe@FOAR View Post
    Hello lads. My name is Joe, and I'm the Founder of FOAR - Fields of Anfield Road, the international LFC site for which Koma writes. I put this task on him to gather views from rivals before the weekend game every week.

He's just come back to me and mentioned these replies and I was flabbergasted!

I have to be honest. I am disappointed to read the state of some of these replies, including one from a Moderator who was quick to correct on vocabulary.

If you were an outsider looking in, it is extremely easy to see that you have racially profiled the lad, who was courteous and merely seeking perspectives from Burnley supporters.

"I like Kormas too, do you?"
    "Welcome Koma... Do you know the Venkys?"
    "Do you do any Bindipping in India?"

Feel proud of such replies mates?

The post above this, instead of addressing what Koma was asking for, instead deflects and asks irrelevant questions about why he supports Liverpool. In case you didn't know (blueheeler1), LFC has a GLOBAL fanbase. While I do not mention this point as an empty boast, your statement: "so you have an umbilical cord that stretches around the world in my case", is quite frankly unnecessary and rude.

You lads need to have a good hard look at yourselves at your attitude. This fella has just come on here, with no malice, and this is how you have welcomed him to your fan forum.

Well done. I do truly hope that there are classier Burnley supporters than those inconsiderate ones who have replied here.

P.S. We have decided to dust our feet off this place and connect with friendlier and less offensive Burnley supporters on Facebook for what we needed.
    Get a Phookin life mate ..My comments were tongue in cheek and nothing racial.. I Phookin hate bindippers/Micky mousers with a passion ,but I do think you will beat us.. Lol

Hello Everyone!

First, It was great connecting with you guys. Really Appreciate the great and insightful responses given, especially by Oldcolner and tdonzz. The article was shared across many forums and has been appreciated by many
    Second, Hope Burnley has a wonderful season and would really support you when you guys face Man united fans.
    And finally, May the best team win on Saturday. (Really wish that it is Liverpool )

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)