+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool FC vs Burnley FC Opposition View point

Post Liverpool FC vs Burnley FC Opposition View point

Hello Claret Fans

Let me introduce myself first. My name is Pranav. I am from India and am a die heart Liverpool fan. I am a part of a global fan- run Liverpool site named: FOAR. (Please do visit if time: www.foarsite.com)
    As we are a fan-run site, We are looking for ways to make the site innovative and interactive. One of the ways is to interact with opposition fans. We started this during last match, which we lost and it was super fun connecting with fans across the globe.
    So as it is Liverpool vs Burnley next, I have approached this site in a hope that we get a good number of Claret Fans and have an interaction regarding the match. So, a call out to claret fans who want to express themselves for the weekends match!!

Quote Originally Posted by Koma View Post
    Hello Claret Fans

Let me introduce myself first. My name is Pranav. I am from India and am a die heart Liverpool fan. I am a part of a global fan- run Liverpool site named: FOAR. (Please do visit if time: www.foarsite.com)
    As we are a fan-run site, We are looking for ways to make the site innovative and interactive. One of the ways is to interact with opposition fans. We started this during last match, which we lost and it was super fun connecting with fans across the globe.
    So as it is Liverpool vs Burnley next, I have approached this site in a hope that we get a good number of Claret Fans and have an interaction regarding the match. So, a call out to claret fans who want to express themselves for the weekends match!!
    Hi Koma. First off you are a die hard Liverpool fan not a die heart Liverpool fan. We will however put you in a Koma on Saturday and Wood will score on the break. 1-0 Burnley!

No need to be so picky over one letter BT, Pranav uses the English language better than many of us numpties on this site.

Hi Koma, good to hear from you. I like Kormas too, do you?
    Have had the foresight to visit foarsite and it looks good though lots of naughty words we don't use in Burnley. Getting the puns out the way, I hope you have a good night tonight and a not so good one on Saturday, though we need to play rather better than last Sunday. I guess you need to play better than Saturday too!!
    I see you are playing your third keeper in Europe tonight, never felt Mingolet was in control anyway so hope he's back on Saturday so we can scare him a bit. We are going through the change so our best side is still developing, but Wood is scoring one a game so far(ok out of two) and we have a secret weapon in Nahki Wells if he is fit.

How is Flanagan doing, he didn't do much here, pity Danny ings has got another injury, he deserves better luck.
    Last edited by oldcolner; 13-09-2017 at 03:34 PM.

Welcome Koma... Do you know the Venkys? They are worshipped in this part of East Lancs ..Do you do any Bindipping in India ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Hi Koma. First off you are a die hard Liverpool fan not a die heart Liverpool fan. We will however put you in a Koma on Saturday and Wood will score on the break. 1-0 Burnley!
    Noted about the Die hard. I know its Die Hard but was quickly typing this. Or that is the best excuse for my poor english. Anyway, Are you up for a informal question answer? About Weekends match. Let me know. Thanks man!

Hi Old colner:

Feel really bad for Danny Ings. Really feel he is the striker we needed during tough games last season. Hope he gets well soon and starts playing for us.
    Speaking about Keeper, what is your opinion on Nick Pope?

Quote Originally Posted by Koma View Post
    Noted about the Die hard. I know its Die Hard but was quickly typing this. Or that is the best excuse for my poor english. Anyway, Are you up for a informal question answer? About Weekends match. Let me know. Thanks man!
    Hi Koma

I'm always interested in why people support Football teams.

Mine is because I was born in Burnley so you have an umbilical cord that stretches around the world in my case.

Interested in your reason(s).

I hope it isn't because you just happen to like the red colour - or some liking for a father figure like Bill Shankly.

Over to you.

Hello lads. My name is Joe, and I'm the Founder of FOAR - Fields of Anfield Road, the international LFC site for which Koma writes. I put this task on him to gather views from rivals before the weekend game every week.

He's just come back to me and mentioned these replies and I was flabbergasted!

I have to be honest. I am disappointed to read the state of some of these replies, including one from a Moderator who was quick to correct on vocabulary.

If you were an outsider looking in, it is extremely easy to see that you have racially profiled the lad, who was courteous and merely seeking perspectives from Burnley supporters.

"I like Kormas too, do you?"
    "Welcome Koma... Do you know the Venkys?"
    "Do you do any Bindipping in India?"

Feel proud of such replies mates?

The post above this, instead of addressing what Koma was asking for, instead deflects and asks irrelevant questions about why he supports Liverpool. In case you didn't know (blueheeler1), LFC has a GLOBAL fanbase. While I do not mention this point as an empty boast, your statement: "so you have an umbilical cord that stretches around the world in my case", is quite frankly unnecessary and rude.

You lads need to have a good hard look at yourselves at your attitude. This fella has just come on here, with no malice, and this is how you have welcomed him to your fan forum.

Well done. I do truly hope that there are classier Burnley supporters than those inconsiderate ones who have replied here.

P.S. We have decided to dust our feet off this place and connect with friendlier and less offensive Burnley supporters on Facebook for what we needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe@FOAR View Post
    Hello lads. My name is Joe, and I'm the Founder of FOAR - Fields of Anfield Road, the international LFC site for which Koma writes. I put this task on him to gather views from rivals before the weekend game every week.

He's just come back to me and mentioned these replies and I was flabbergasted!

I have to be honest. I am disappointed to read the state of some of these replies, including one from a Moderator who was quick to correct on vocabulary.

If you were an outsider looking in, it is extremely easy to see that you have racially profiled the lad, who was courteous and merely seeking perspectives from Burnley supporters.

"I like Kormas too, do you?"
    "Welcome Koma... Do you know the Venkys?"
    "Do you do any Bindipping in India?"

Feel proud of such replies mates?

The post above this, instead of addressing what Koma was asking for, instead deflects and asks irrelevant questions about why he supports Liverpool. In case you didn't know (blueheeler1), LFC has a GLOBAL fanbase. While I do not mention this point as an empty boast, your statement: "so you have an umbilical cord that stretches around the world in my case", is quite frankly unnecessary and rude.

You lads need to have a good hard look at yourselves at your attitude. This fella has just come on here, with no malice, and this is how you have welcomed him to your fan forum.

Well done. I do truly hope that there are classier Burnley supporters than those inconsiderate ones who have replied here.

P.S. We have decided to dust our feet off this place and connect with friendlier and less offensive Burnley supporters on Facebook for what we needed.
    Joe you are far too sensitive and jumped to the wrong conclusion re my post.

I was talking about MY umbilical cord and to ask why you support a club is not racially based or irrelevant.

It was asking a reasonable question with maybe a bit of humour.

It would be sad to think that Liverpool globally lacks any sense of humour and reacts violently to misunderstood comments.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)