+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool FC vs Burnley FC Opposition View point

Quote Originally Posted by blueheeler1 View Post
    Joe you are far too sensitive and jumped to the wrong conclusion re my post.

I was talking about MY umbilical cord and to ask why you support a club is not racially based or irrelevant.

It was asking a reasonable question with maybe a bit of humour.

It would be sad to think that Liverpool globally lacks any sense of humour and reacts violently to misunderstood comments.

Fair enough and thanks for your explanation. Appreciated.
    But tell me...did I misunderstand the other comments as well?

Btw, you said: ""so YOU have an umbilical cord that stretches around the world in my case"
    It threw me off as to whom you were referring.
    Last edited by Joe@FOAR; 14-09-2017 at 11:06 AM.

Be careful how you look when you type lads, he may get the hump with that also

Lighten up fella, this isn't a Board Meeting, its a place for exchanging views with a little bit of comedy thrown in, I can see no malice in anything that was written to the opening poster, If you think we have `racially profiled the lad` I'd say you are completely wrong and we could point you to a few sites which would really get your back up as we are not about abusing new posters which other sites invariably are.

If you have spent any time in or around Liverpool you'd probably realise how off the mark you are.

Right. I disagree with your casual dismissal of this. In any case, the thread is now off-skew and I would like to bring this back to see if it can be salvaged at all. Credit will be given on our website to this Fan forum(and poster/s) for their contributions.

These are the questions:

1 : A great start to the season for Burnley, especially the coveted away win and that too against Chelsea. What do you think Dyche has changed this season?
    2: Tom Heaton has always performed brilliantly against Liverpool but now that he is injured, how do you think young Nick Pope will cope?
    3. Chris Wood has been a revelation hasn't he? Any other player Liverpool should be afraid of?
    4. Nahki Wells? How do you rate him?
    5. Burnley surprised us during the start of last season. What should be, as per your opinion, be the best approach against Klopp's Liverpool?
    6. Special Mention to Jon Walters. That monster has almost always scored against Liverpool for Stoke. How has he been this Season for your team?
    7. What is the biggest threat for Burnley against Liverpool and how would you tackle that if you were Sean Dyche?
    8. What is your prediction for the game?
    9. Finally, Where do you see Burnley at the end of the season?
    Last edited by Joe@FOAR; 14-09-2017 at 11:22 AM.

W@nkfest !

Quote Originally Posted by Joe@FOAR View Post
    Right. I disagree with your casual dismissal of this. In any case, the thread is now off-skew and I would like to bring this back to see if it can be salvaged at all. Credit will be given on our website to this Fan forum(and poster/s) for their contributions.

These are the questions:

1 : A great start to the season for Burnley, especially the coveted away win and that too against Chelsea. What do you think Dyche has changed this season?
    2: Tom Heaton has always performed brilliantly against Liverpool but now that he is injured, how do you think young Nick Pope will cope?
    3. Chris Wood has been a revelation hasn't he? Any other player Liverpool should be afraid of?
    4. Nahki Wells? How do you rate him?
    5. Burnley surprised us during the start of last season. What should be, as per your opinion, be the best approach against Klopp's Liverpool?
    6. Special Mention to Jon Walters. That monster has almost always scored against Liverpool for Stoke. How has he been this Season for your team?
    7. What is the biggest threat for Burnley against Liverpool and how would you tackle that if you were Sean Dyche?
    8. What is your prediction for the game?
    9. Finally, Where do you see Burnley at the end of the season?
    Koma
    I'm sorry if my Pun /joke about your name didn't go down well. No offence intended so apologies. If you want comments it's better to ask questions that you want answers to as Joe has now done.

1 What has Dyche changed. Our Away form with a win and a draw so so we are unbeaten away so far having played the top two of last season! We have almost as many points now as we had all season away last year. My thoughts are he has replaced Andre Gray several times over so we now pose different threats up front, he has upgraded a few positions in midfield and brought younger players like Tarkowski that have been developing into the team. Jack Cork has been a good buy, Defour has made up with Sean and after not giving his all last season, has become a reformed man. We have gone very Irish too. We can now play 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 and will do both probably. He has also developed a new training facility to help develop talent in the way we used to in the 50s and 60s.
    Equally he hasn't changed the work ethic, the focus on the group and our hard to break down defence.
    2 Nick Pope came as a prospective future international and will cope no problem. He's bigger than Tom too. Ask Benteke
    3 Chris Wood is a natural goal scorer and creates chances but we have yet to see him create much for others, as it's early days. Sam Vokes and Ashley Barnes cause defences a lot of trouble too. They can both score and create chances. Watch out for Defour and BRady free kicks.
    4 Nahki has yet to play and is probably still injured so don't think he will figure for a while be he's another option once we know how he plays with our stalwarts
    5 I guess we will let you have most possession and try to contain your forwards and midfield, hit you on the break, though your defence is shaky and prone to errors as happened at the Turf. So expect some pressure if you pass back to the keeper.
    6 Walters looked good and scored a few in pre season, but hasn't done much or had much game time in the PL though he should have scored an equaliser against WBA. I like him and if he an put the hex on you again, that would be great.
    7 Your attack could run rings round us and Firmino seems the one to contain, though it's good Mane is out, Coutinho seems back in favour and if he is fit will be a problem. Tarkowski and Mee seem to stop most attackers though.
    8 I predicted a 2-1 win for us but realistically expect a draw. It largely depends which Liverpool turns up, the team against Arsenal of the one that lost to City. We played well in the last 15 against Spurs and first half v Chelsea, we need to see that rather than the poor display we had v Palace.
    9 I think we should be around 10th, if we can maintain the home form of last year and keep up our away form.

Other thoughts
    We seem to have some impact on the managers on teams playing against us, with Wenger Mourinho sent to the stands and deBoer losing his job. A few players have been sent off against us too so beware! We may well clip Klopps wings

Thanks a lot Oldcolner. Really Really appreciate it!

1 : A great start to the season for Burnley, especially the coveted away win and that too against Chelsea. What do you think Dyche has changed this season? - A team that is evolving in the same way that WBA and Stoke did. - Aim was to survive last year with defensive organisation. This years goal is to put the emphasis on a solid but creative midfield.
    2: Tom Heaton has always performed brilliantly against Liverpool but now that he is injured, how do you think young Nick Pope will cope? Pope is not a novice. Was a highly rated signing from Charlton. Really hope he can make the step up. Tom Heaton was a bargain basement signing from Bristol City. Going to miss hiis organisation though.
    3. Chris Wood has been a revelation hasn't he? Any other player Liverpool should be afraid of? Brady, Vokes, Barnes. Hendricks should be back from injury and creates.
    4. Nahki Wells? How do you rate him? Will have to wait and see??
    5. Burnley surprised us during the start of last season. What should be, as per your opinion, be the best approach against Klopp's Liverpool? Frustrate, defend, give up possession then snatch a winner
    6. Special Mention to Jon Walters. That monster has almost always scored against Liverpool for Stoke. How has he been this Season for your team? Not had a look in.
    7. What is the biggest threat for Burnley against Liverpool and how would you tackle that if you were Sean Dyche? You have quality all over the park and Coutinho could be looking to align his profile. You should batter us but any result wouldn't surprise me.
    8. What is your prediction for the game? 2:1 Liverpool
    9. Finally, Where do you see Burnley at the end of the season? 10th

Glad we're pals again!

Hello Koma and Joe.

I write the match previews and enjoy contributing to this forum . Liverpool teams of the past have been amongst the finest this country has produced and it is a shame that all that has passed. If you have read your history you will know that Burnley FC also have a proud history at the top of the English game. I would guess though that the expectations of both sets of fans are different.

There will not be one poster on here who ever expected to see our small town ( in population only) ,family run club, back at the top of English football. We have one man to thank for that and his name is Sean Dyche. We don't expect to win any trophies like in the past but we will be proud to simply stay in the league.

1) What has Dyche changed?

We now have a midfield who will improve our ball retention so we are beginning to look more attractive. Although, under Dyche, it will be a long time before we are described as an attractive side to watch. Dyche has copied the old Liverpool way of making players wait for a place in the first team. He is incredibly loyal and new players have to wait for either players to leave or until they have shown enough to play the Dyche way. That hasn't changed and won't. He is a manager who doesn't waver from how he believes the game should be played.

2) Tom Heaton will be a big miss and for me, it's going to be all down to Nick Pope's nerve. Pope has the full backing of the defence which is important .

3) Chris Wood has made the start all strikers wish for, scoring early goals to settle himself down and win over the fans. You know what strikers are like when they are on a run of scoring goals.

4) Wells will do well at Burnley, Dyche has been after him for years.

5) Dyche will stride purposely towards Klopp, give him a warm handshake with a smile then shake hands with Klopp's backroom staff. He will then move into his box and not look at Klopp until repeating the same procedure at the end of the game. Liverpool will be given no special preparation.

6) I hope Jon Walters plays some part in the game then

7) I would probably say pace and 25 yard shots

8) Liverpool will score and concede.

9) Burnley will escape relegation
    Last edited by thedonz; 14-09-2017 at 10:11 PM.

All great responses to our Liverpool friend's questions but with the question of game prediction the number of "wild cards" can often determine outcomes.

Early bookings can change plans and cause the booked players to rethink strategies.

Sending off will change things at the fundamental level.

Referee not giving equal free kicks or being biased with have a major impact on players' behavior.

Injuries to key players during the game can be dipterous.

Brain-storms in giving away own goal or leading directly to a goal.

Freezing up on the day and playing poorly.

Ans on and on.

We always predicate based upon know and anticipated situations but its in the Chaos of the game that so often throws all predictions out the window.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)