+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSG Must be shaking in their boots....

PSG Must be shaking in their boots....

Having watched highlight of those two home draws with Brentford and Bristol City by our local soon to be European super powers.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Having watched highlight of those two home draws with Brentford and Bristol City by our local soon to be European super powers.
    I've heard a bit of WM's football phone in this week and I've been left wondering why they don't just hand the dings the title now as it's a foregone conclusion according to many.

One caller reckoned that if they played us 10 times that they would win all 10. Another reckoned they would not lose a match all season whilst another called in to say that Conor Coady was as good as Franz Beckenbauer. Despite being very early days, seems they never learn.

Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post
    I've heard a bit of WM's football phone in this week and I've been left wondering why they don't just hand the dings the title now as it's a foregone conclusion according to many.

One caller reckoned that if they played us 10 times that they would win all 10. Another reckoned they would not lose a match all season whilst another called in to say that Conor Coady was as good as Franz Beckenbauer. Despite being very early days, seems they never learn.
    The phone in is a joke I listen on the way home. Alan the Seal.... yeh. Who pauses after every sentence....yeh. To say the word yeh.......yeh.
    As far as the other lot go they're a bit like a distant relative who you didn't get on with and haven't seen for a while. Desperately trying to contact you to keep the arguement going. In reality as much as they hate us I see them as irrelevant.

It's their big anniversary today, 21 years ago. I know its hard to remember, they won a match at the Albion . A copy of the match is can be found on betamax. Dvd's wasn't out yet. They got a bit of luck from the linesman. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgNhlDt7N6U

I listen to it every night and heard this p rick who said we'd get beaten 10 out of 10 times.

It would be interesting to know how many years it has actually been, if ever, that they beat us 10 in row, given the fact they haven't beaten us in many young fan's lifetime.

They have always been the same, in the 60's they used to think Wagstaffe was better than George Best.
    They said they were the best team in the world in the 50's, despite Real Madrid winning the EC 5 times on the trot and Man Utd winning the league 3 times with a load of kids, and also appearing in a couple of Cup finals as well as a EC semi.
    I am 62 and in my lifetime i have never seen them as anything other than average, and in recent times they couldn't manage those dizzy heights.
    In summary,a club that has spent a lot of time in the lower leagues, and live off the the folk tales of the only good side they ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    They have always been the same, in the 60's they used to think Wagstaffe was better than George Best.
    They said they were the best team in the world in the 50's, despite Real Madrid winning the EC 5 times on the trot and Man Utd winning the league 3 times with a load of kids, and also appearing in a couple of Cup finals as well as a EC semi.
    I am 62 and in my lifetime i have never seen them as anything other than average, and in recent times they couldn't manage those dizzy heights.
    In summary,a club that has spent a lot of time in the lower leagues, and live off the the folk tales of the only good side they ever had.
    Good, accurate summary.
    I'm 48 and I asked a Wolves supporter the other day, of a similar age . In our lifetime What truly great players he has seen play for his club. You know like the likes of Bomber, Cunningham, Robson. His reply was Bull, Robbie Keane and get this Dennis Irwin. His words not mine.
    Strange how the rivalry was never that fierce. I can only remember escalating when they started climbing the leagues. As I said earlier for most of my life they have been irrelevant. Never really had the bragging rites.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    Good, accurate summary.
    I'm 48 and I asked a Wolves supporter the other day, of a similar age . In our lifetime What truly great players he has seen play for his club. You know like the likes of Bomber, Cunningham, Robson. His reply was Bull, Robbie Keane and get this Dennis Irwin. His words not mine.
    Strange how the rivalry was never that fierce. I can only remember escalating when they started climbing the leagues. As I said earlier for most of my life they have been irrelevant. Never really had the bragging rites.
    Harsh everyone but true.

Been watching football since the early 60's and Wolves have spent the majority of that time in the lower leagues and so it is only natural I see where they are now as their natural habitat.
    Wouldn't mind seeing them back playing us, we might need the points.

Another classic call on WM tonight from a Dingle who said it was "ridiculous" to suggest they'd win all ten matches against us,he reckoned they'd win five and draw five!!

Where do they find these Cretins?

It'd be so easy for us to say we'd beat them every time but I don't think we would,they have some decent lower league players now and would surely be better than their 1-5 vintage.

Out of ten matches against them I'd expect to win five,draw three and lose a couple because that's the nature of Derby matches.

As for "Yer know what I mean Paul Yeh" Alan who rings in!

What an absolute a r s e clown of a bloke,he wanted Bruce and now he wants him out!

Grealish was to be their saviour and now he's a waste of space.

I spoke with Eddie who rings into WM about Villa Alan ( yeh ) at a Stour match a couple of seasons ago and Eddie had met Al and he told me he was a fat ginger bloke with a face like a beetroot.

It felt like Eddie was telling me something I already knew!

Heh heh,I can think of a certain poster who must be frothing at the mouth because he can't join in this thread lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)