+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Warney wins us over...surely

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Happened with Ronnie when he was given time so why not?

I believe PW was LBJ's first choice for the job but he just couldn't find the right words to explain it
    Maybe cos he 'stubbed' his words

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Happened with Ronnie when he was given time so why not?

I believe PW was LBJ's first choice for the job but he just couldn't find the right words to explain it
    The other simularity between Warne and Ronnie are their numbeer twos. Both brought in ex players who they trust. The lot we have now have a good playing history and friendship between them.

Warne won't do what Ronnie did because we will won't go down. If he di do a double promotion we'll be int Prem and none of us want that!

Still too early to decide on Warney, though definitely more hopeful signs. I'm happy to settle for nearer on points to top 6 than bottom 4 this season, but signs we could do better. Let's not get carried away or really doom and gloom if we lose a couple.

Way too early to judge him imo. We leak goals and will continue to do so against any half decent team. He has made an ok start but I'm looking forward to seeing the defence against Bradford. Unlike Kempo, I am not for changing just yet

I think guy down road hit nail on the head about defence we need a defensive coach. Maybe that's why brecks is trying to track down Marvin Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWaller View Post
    Way too early to judge him imo. We leak goals and will continue to do so against any half decent team. He has made an ok start but I'm looking forward to seeing the defence against Bradford. Unlike Kempo, I am not for changing just yet
    You are right Pete it is way too early. In thruth the best time to truly judge a manager is when their stewardship is over.

However, it is a bit churlish to criticsise the people who are starting to warm to Warney because there were plenty who judged him on the day he was apponted and that was waaaaaaaaaaaay too early.

I also agree that the defence can be breached and that tomorrow will be a massuve test. But generally, against Walsall and Bury, apart from conceding 3, there weren't any other chances offered up by the defence. In fact what did the new goalie have to do?

keep the faith UTM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    I think guy down road hit nail on the head about defence we need a defensive coach. Maybe that's why brecks is trying to track down Marvin Bryan
    Before kick off on Tuesday we were saying we should nick Ian Sharps from Walsall for our defensive coach. After half an hour we'd changed our minds 😊

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Before kick off on Tuesday we were saying we should nick Ian Sharps from Walsall for our defensive coach. After half an hour we'd changed our minds ��

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234