+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Warney wins us over...surely

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Eating humble pie is one thing,but you have done a complete character assasination on the bloke for months,and if we lose a couple of games you`ll be doing the same again......so just empty words.
    We'll see. If he does maybe you can remind him of this but until then lets just get on!

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Its early days yet, he still has the defence to sort out.

However, the criticism last year was always silly given the tools that THE tool brought in. his heart is in the right place and hes a grafter who will try and do the right things

I was concerned about appointing Warne permanently due to the way losing on a regular basis could have been habit forming and a new broom would have, hopefully, remedied that. However my fears now seem to have been disproved.

The 2 areas for concern are the defence, I thought Ihiekwe was shocking last night, and substitutions making no effect on the game, Bury excepted.

If I was PW I would be knocking on Tonys door ever day until Moore and Towell had been signed and make looking for 2 good central defenders the top priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Slimchance View Post
    I was concerned about appointing Warne permanently due to the way losing on a regular basis could have been habit forming and a new broom would have, hopefully, remedied that. However my fears now seem to have been disproved.

The 2 areas for concern are the defence, I thought Ihiekwe was shocking last night, and substitutions making no effect on the game, Bury excepted.

If I was PW I would be knocking on Tonys door ever day until Moore and Towell had been signed and make looking for 2 good central defenders the top priority.
    It's not that easy though is it or the players would be ours, already had a bid turned down for Moore.

Ihiekwe wasn't his best but I wouldn't say he was shocking, why did the subs make no effect ?
    Last edited by millertop; 13-09-2017 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slimchance View Post

I thought Ihiekwe was okay TBH. Was I dreaming but didn't Newell bring the ball out of defence, pass to Forde, who hit across where Ball sidestepped it for Frecks to restore 4 goal lead. Very ineffective

Quote Originally Posted by sCORaFU View Post
    I thought Ihiekwe was okay TBH. Was I dreaming but didn't Newell bring the ball out of defence, pass to Forde, who hit across where Ball sidestepped it for Frecks to restore 4 goal lead. Very ineffective

That's what I was thinking but thought I might have read his post wrong

For me it wasn't PW but now I think he might just be OK.

There were moans and groans when our Hecky was asked to stand in after the dwarf did one to Bristol City .

No experience , just a youth coach blah blah blah .

Sometimes we forget how knowledgeable people such as Warne and Hecky are , for a start both guys know the clubs inside out , fans , players and now Head Coaches , they know the culture and what the fans like to see , it goes along way .

Hecky got caught out last season on a number of occasions tactically , sometimes picked the wrong side but he's still learning just as Warne is at the NYS .

Hecky's managed the transition and a new squad very well , he wouldn't have managed this quite so well last season and you can see the development in him and I reckon Warne is on the right path with yourselves .

There isn't a Head Coach I'd swap Hecky for I can tell you that , he's the perfect fit at Oakwell because he's one of us inside the technical area .

I think you've drop on your feet with Warney and he's clearly getting to grips with a difficult job after last season .

All the best to him .

Good points animal.

Warne is a miller he feels the pain when we lose in essence he's one of us.
    Just like Hecky does for you boys.

UTM

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    There were moans and groans when our Hecky was asked to stand in after the dwarf did one to Bristol City .

No experience , just a youth coach blah blah blah .

Sometimes we forget how knowledgeable people such as Warne and Hecky are , for a start both guys know the clubs inside out , fans , players and now Head Coaches , they know the culture and what the fans like to see , it goes along way .

Hecky got caught out last season on a number of occasions tactically , sometimes picked the wrong side but he's still learning just as Warne is at the NYS .

Hecky's managed the transition and a new squad very well , he wouldn't have managed this quite so well last season and you can see the development in him and I reckon Warne is on the right path with yourselves .

There isn't a Head Coach I'd swap Hecky for I can tell you that , he's the perfect fit at Oakwell because he's one of us inside the technical area .

I think you've drop on your feet with Warney and he's clearly getting to grips with a difficult job after last season .

All the best to him .
    Great post Animal. Could not agree more. Its great that both clubs have someone who actually care about their club and know the type of football the fans like. Mistakes will be made because they are human beings, but as you indicate both are learning and from my point of view I would sat fast.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast