+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Warney wins us over...surely

Warney wins us over...surely

Some of us including myself were critical of Warne's appointment....

I for one am eating humble pie.

He has the team playing exciting attacking football and his management style seems to be liked by most of the players.

He now looks like a manager with the track suit gone and I am increasingly impressed with what he is doing.

Well done Paul Warne..and well done Mr Chairman.

Now sit down with Warnes Nd get a proper contract sorted

A good and sensible post. Much more like it.

Hasn't he a rolling years contract? I think it was a good move then and I still do. I don't think he'll be going back to a fitness coach with us in the future.

I still think he has a few things to learn,he's been through the bad times so he deserves the good times.Get some money spent on 2or3 good players of our own & move on to we hope better things.

He's certainly starting to do well, even though I was one who didn't want him to manage I still had us for autos

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    He's certainly starting to do well, even though I was one who didn't want him to manage I still had us for autos
    Is that the one we won at Wembley.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Is that the one we won at Wembley.
    Yep

I wanted PW at the beginning for a number of reasons, mainly that he was articulate, intelligent and knew the culture of the club. He was thrown in at the deep end and inevitably struggled mainly because of the tools (and you can use that as a metaphor) he was given. His recruitment of players and staff have so far been good. He's cleared the deadwood and is playing good football. I hope that he receives the support he deserves in January from Board.

Its early days yet, he still has the defence to sort out.

However, the criticism last year was always silly given the tools that THE tool brought in. his heart is in the right place and hes a grafter who will try and do the right things

Quote Originally Posted by kempo View Post
    Some of us including myself were critical of Warne's appointment....

I for one am eating humble pie.

He has the team playing exciting attacking football and his management style seems to be liked by most of the players.

He now looks like a manager with the track suit gone and I am increasingly impressed with what he is doing.

Well done Paul Warne..and well done Mr Chairman.

Now sit down with Warnes Nd get a proper contract sorted
    Eating humble pie is one thing,but you have done a complete character assasination on the bloke for months,and if we lose a couple of games you`ll be doing the same again......so just empty words.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast