+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear Tone

Dear Tone

Hope you are well. The team doesn't look it after a promising start.
    Can I offer you some advice?
    1 Nyom is a good right back, however he isn't a good left back. I can understand you not wanting to play Gibbs but Brunt would do better over there than Nyom.
    2 Barry, Krychowiak and Livermore are not a good central midfield option. Bringing Yacob in for one of them would not be the answer. Play 2 of them with either Morrison or Rodriguez thereby giving your loan striker a little help from time to time.
    3 Rodriguez is not a wide right player. He is pretty crap out there. Play him as the loan striker or in the hole behind the lone striker (best option).
    4 Playing an offensive game is a good way of defending. Playing in the opponents half stops them from creating scoring chances. We should do this more often.
    Have a good evening.

Well there goes the feel good factor. Only West Brom would concede three to a team who had not scored before today. What a total disappointment and let down.

Spot on Chris. Can't defend him anymore by saying he hasn't got the players. He buys the likes of Gibbs and Burke and then says they aren't ready.
    Gibbs LB, Nyom RB, Barry and the Pole in front of the back four, then i would add a bit of threat up front by choosing from the likes of Burke,Phillips, Chadli, Jay Rod and HRK.
    Playing behind the ball and surrendering territory and possession to a team that hadn't scored a goal is unforgiveable.
    The clock is ticking Tone.

Not sure why people keep saying Nyom should play at right back defensively he is poor and costs us goals, i agree he definitely shouldn't play left back, IMO Livermore has been pretty poor for a while now and needs dropping, we are only 4 games in so i don't think we shouldn't get carried away with today's result or the 3 previous games effectively the season starts from next week as we now have a full squad to pick from so it's over to TP to try and find the best team.

He doesn't play enough creative players though. Too timid a manager. Losing patience with his teams and boring defensive displays. The result doesn't bother me that much, his team selections and lack of flair players does.

I thought he fielded a pretty good team today but the lads didnt perform to their potential. You can hammer Tony as much as you like but he's doing a pretty good job and I for one wont be criticising and having a go over one match. It was a bad day, but nothing to lose sleep over. Nothing to over react over. I'm not surprised in the least though because this damn thing happens every year. Keep a balance and dont get too upset over one match. It really is that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    He doesn't play enough creative players though. Too timid a manager. Losing patience with his teams and boring defensive displays. The result doesn't bother me that much, his team selections and lack of flair players does.
    At least Dave Valder will be happy '55, his new Brighton team got a Premship win today.
    By the way, Im on Abbots ale tonight yum yum, do you fancy a pint ?. (ok, half a pint, I am from Yorkshire in case you didnt know lol).

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    I thought he fielded a pretty good team today but the lads didnt perform to their potential. You can hammer Tony as much as you like but he's doing a pretty good job and I for one wont be criticising and having a go over one match. It was a bad day, but nothing to lose sleep over. Nothing to over react over. I'm not surprised in the least though because this damn thing happens every year. Keep a balance and dont get too upset over one match. It really is that simple.

I agree Boingy. Some think we should be Barcelona every week. Look at two bigger clubs than us - Sunderland and Villa and look where they are - then you get stupid feckin posts after one match - "Dear Tone"

I agree though with Mick on two things - Rondon and Livermore need a spell on the bench as both not doing it!!!

Dear Moderators, is there nothing that can be done to stop this silly, childish name-calling.

Surely this site is supposed to be about our beloved Baggies, which I accept we can all have different opinions, but it seems to get ambushed with puerile comments which is getting to the point of spoiling it for the genuine posters.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    I agree Boingy. Some think we should be Barcelona every week. Look at two bigger clubs than us - Sunderland and Villa and look where they are - then you get stupid feckin posts after one match - "Dear Tone"

I agree though with Mick on two things - Rondon and Livermore need a spell on the bench as both not doing it!!!
    Al, i have always defended Pulis in the past because he had to play square pegs in round holes. But yesterday made me think he is never going to change us from the boring side we are.
    Setting up with EIGHT defensive players against a top six side is acceptable, it's not Albion, but it's acceptable.
    Yesterday was against a side lacking in confidence and without a goal.
    He then moaned that we didn't create enough chances.
    No $h!t Sherlock?
    We have struggled for a left back for years, last week he bought one who has played for Arsenal and England, but left him on the bench and played a right back at left back, and a CB at right back.
    Chadli will end up like Mcmanaman, we won't see him again, he has all the attributes of how this club used to play. But he won't run up mountains.
    Burke will spend most of the time on the bench, and maybe loaned out because, "He isn't ready," FFS.
    How many players do we sign that aren't ready? Feckin all of them by the look of it.
    Gibbs, Arsenal and England, not ready.
    Burke, Scotland, not ready.
    Chadli, Belgium, not ready.
    Jay Rod, England, ready, but as a winger not a striker.
    Football is a simple game over complicated by coaches like Pulis.
    If we set up defensive again against the Hammers, then we will lose again.
    Their players are probably ready.
    I am not a Pulis Out shouter , i think he has built us into a strong side, and laid good foundations.
    But he has no excuses now he has the players to play more entertainingly.
    I feel sorry for the fans who made the trip yesterday.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)