+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: “They just think we should be winning 6-0“

I totally understand folks concerns at the moment. I'm probably totally deluded but the lack of patience in football fans these days is one of my pet hates. Our support is currently showing all the classic symptoms.

You're not at all deluded Terry.
    The support is ugly.
    We win tomorrow & it gets prettier.
    It's all about results.
    You're only as good as your last game.

It is all about results.

Especially because another year in the championship is a real threat to the long term future of the club.

Another year down and we will see crowds reduce, income reduce, squad quality potentially reduce. It’s a domino effect.

And don’t discount the generational effect.

Dundee have never recovered their crowds from their 7 year jolly down.

Local kids see one club higher than the other and they say “sorry Dad, I want to support the team in the top league”.

We benefitted from that during Dundee’s doon years. We could just as easily loose out from our’s.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I totally understand folks concerns at the moment. I'm probably totally deluded but the lack of patience in football fans these days is one of my pet hates. Our support is currently showing all the classic symptoms.
    Not sure I'd agree with you Terry.
    Things were pretty bad last year and although Ray took a lot of stick there was a general acceptance that we had to give him time to bring in his own team.
    Unfortunately there has been no improvement this year.
    Ok it's only a few games in but he really doesn't look as if he's got what it takes.
    He doesn't help himself either I don't think with some of his comments.
    The 6 0 thing in particular.
    I just don't see him having a rapport with the support.
    Maybe it'll only take one game and it'll all come together.
    We hope.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I agree. To a point. I despair at the current trend of sacking mangers before they’ve had a reasonable amount of time to work with the players and get their ideas across. I loved McKinnon as a player so I really want things to work out for him but I have serious concerns.
    Watching us I never get the impression that there is any semblance of a plan or specific tactical approach. We are utterly aimless 90% of the time. The opposition is almost always fitter, keener and better organised than we are. Since McNamara’s purple patch ended, I’ve left almost every game thinking that we don’t spend enough time on the training ground. We never look like we have any idea how to take or defend set-pieces. We are probably the worst team in World football at taking throw-ins. I swear we give the ball away more often than not from them!

I don’t think I’ve ever seen him turn a game round due to a tactical switch. He never seems to see when and why we’re struggling in a game. It was blatantly, painfully obvious to me after 10/15 minutes at Paisley that we needed to make adjustments to get anything out of that game. He never makes changes until it’s too late.

I’m not calling for him to be sacked. We’re 5 games into the season and 2 points off top spot. Hardly a crisis. However, I left Paisley after seeing us pumped 3-0 by a very average side and I wasn’t in the slightest surprised, or even angry. There’s a growing mixture apathy and malcontent among our support which can only be destructive if it remains long term and I’m deeply concerned that Ray isn’t really capable of turning it round. I do hope I’m wrong, though.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)