+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vaulks to retain the right back position....

Hope it's not you mate as your still having trouble swallowing the RCFKS

Ha. Would have been funny if I didn't miss off the E

I am with the yes crowd..

Looks every bit a modern full back...

Quote Originally Posted by kempo View Post
    I am with the yes crowd..

Looks every bit a modern full back...
    I have put your informed comments on goalkeeping and the role of the modern full back in my scrap book. When can we hope to see you dealing with midfield and attack?

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    I have put your informed comments on goalkeeping and the role of the modern full back in my scrap book. When can we hope to see you dealing with midfield and attack?
    My attacking strategy is simplistic but very effective ie big black lad upfront.

Warney has gone half way and got a 6 ft 5 ins white fella with a tan.

My only worry is whether he has enough fast twitch fibres but we will have to see on that one.

Midfield seems to be sorted by Warney without my help.

I am pleased that you enjoy my contributions which come from 50 years of watching football and playing in the same team as Geeter at RGS.

Enjoy your day monty

Quote Originally Posted by kempo View Post
    My attacking strategy is simplistic but very effective ie big black lad upfront.

Warney has gone half way and got a 6 ft 5 ins white fella with a tan.

My only worry is whether he has enough fast twitch fibres but we will have to see on that one.

Midfield seems to be sorted by Warney without my help.

I am pleased that you enjoy my contributions which come from 50 years of watching football and playing in the same team as Geeter at RGS.

Enjoy your day monty
    Big black lad up front? Are you advocating JCH?

They are blinkered on here. Vaulks is a Emlyne, Gerrard type player admittedly a league or 2 down. Got the basic skills but got that spirit/passion in his play. Ist name on the team sheet for me. Cummings when fit good enough but Vaulks he's the best Right back at the club no question. Could see tues he got used to playing there again. A natural there. Play him midfield if we are short there.

Agree there gwru most versatile player at the club.Shown a lot of loyalty too by choosing to stay after last season's misery

The formation 4-5-1 suits us at the moment with Moore being superb and the defence being well, not fantastic. We also have some great pace out wide and plenty of decent crosses going into the box enabling us to create plenty of chances.

If we revert back to 4-4-2 now I dont think it would bear the same fruits, as for Vaulks he played well but has been caught out before, that said the more he plays at RB the better he will become

"been caught out before"can be applied to all our defenders gm

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast