+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Can we have a sticky?

Can we have a sticky?

No true football fan could read the words Patrick wrote and deny that they were the words of anyone who had anything but the thoughts of others in their mind when he wrote them.
    He mentions his Family, Club, and Fans.
    He says he has not had enough time for family, or appreciated them because of business, yet admits that the club was a huge part of the family life and yet without the business side he wouldn't have helped the club, and town as much as he has.
    There are some people born to Lead, Born to inherit, or Lead through privilege, that's true, but Patricks challenge at BFC was through choice, not duty. He chose to take the challenge. He wasn't "Crowned" by inheritance or Luck.

His comment about the internet being "Cruel" is absolutely spot on. Yet his money was made through IT. Ironic..... isn't it?
    Agreeing with the current "Business model" or not, the club has progressed and prospered whilst under the Stewardship of this quietly spoken Gent. We should all appreciate that we may not have had a club without his intervention.
    I suspect, and hope that the take over isn't announced yet, and that as long as possible we have him at the helm.

Now I'm not part of any close tied group to the club, So my request here hasn't an agenda, or in any way "ar$e licking.

But Maybe a "Sticky" on our site could be administered to show our appreciation to Patrick whilst he is still able to appreciate them.

The man stepped up, and even if we've not always agreed with his.....
    tactics/business planning/signings/Managers/Shirt choices/CEO choices/Invites to former managers to Wembley/NO construction to fill the corners of the ground/ Moving players entrance to the field/. not enough shirts till Xmas etc ....
    We have all had a great time lately we wouldn't have had if he'd not stepped up to the plate.

We should be able to say it online, to thank, Patrick, before it's too late to say it... as he says he is doing to his family....

Too often, as PC says.... it's too late to say what you mean.

I agree with your idea Jules, but I also dont want us to be accused of 'begging' here for condolences for too long (if you know what I mean).
    What we have heard and read from opposition fans so far is amazing and I think we all appreciate that, whether we like the Fowls or the Blunts or the Millers or Leeds or Donny etc.

I agree with Jules.

Is there anyway of just having the programme page as a "sticky" without having further comments ?

Not really what I meant "Condolences" more of a sticky to "Appreciate" his effort and support. In a collective thread. but I get what you mean Acido. Perhaps not

He isn't dead yet!! Give the bloke a chance!! We're all writing obituaries before he's passed. Very maudling indeed. When I first read the title of this thread I immediately thought of fingers, followed by toffee pudding

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    He isn't dead yet!! Give the bloke a chance!! We're all writing obituaries before he's passed. Very maudling indeed. When I first read the title of this thread I immediately thought of fingers, followed by toffee pudding
    Agreed Ponte

Seems like it's a competition for who can show most grief & it's getting cringeworthy

Leave it now
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 14-09-2017 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Agreed Ponte

Seems like it's a competition for who can show most grief & it's getting cringeworthy

Leave it now
    A thought just posting the programme page wi no further comment would avoid "competitive" grief Ziles.