+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Isn't it lovely to be nice?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    It's an interesting topic Monty.

I think the battle ground might have been further away. My thought is that it might have been at Stamford Bridge. A traditional strongpoint river crossing and natural geographical boundary.

The later much recorded battle of 1066 would have obliterated any real archaeological evidence thus making proof impossible.
    Grist, it is an interesting topic but a frustrating one. I doubt if there is a county in the whole country that has not been suggested as the battle site at some stage. Why not Stamford Bridge; probably as good a claim as anywhere. I still get regular emails from people insisting they know where it was fought.

Good afternoon to all on this lovely day

Yes you are quite correct of course.

In a previous post on this fascinating subject I did indeed mistakenly attribute the Brinsworth hypothesis to yourself and as you say in your correction it was Michael Wood and you favour another site.

After reading your articles I had to ask myself 'where actually was Wendun'?..but Wendun for now remains a mystery..

Hopefully just like King Richard in my nearby town the truth will be revealed eventually.

It can be a heavy subject at times but as I say your dedication and expertise on the subject is admirable indeed.

Good luck with the search for this historical battle site the whereabouts of which has perplexed us all for a lifetime.

Kindest Regards

k

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Good afternoon to all on this lovely day
    Good afternoon pocket.

May I again thank you for your advice yesterday which came at a time that I was just about to blow a fuse.

Your advice and an extra dose of pregabalin has brought peace and calmness to myself and I cannot thank you enough.

Espirit de corps lovely

Quote Originally Posted by hotun View Post
    Espirit de corps lovely
    What vintage is it?

Is it a wine with body?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    What vintage is it?

Is it a wine with body?
    Says a plonk

Three wins and this site has turned into a John and Yoko love in. Let's hope it remains that way at 5pm on Saturday.

Even Mr K has relegated himself to a small k although I did notice he still allowed a reference to Mrs K. I guess she wears the pants in the household, at least when k doesn't have them on his head.

Kum bay ya, my Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Three wins and this site has turned into a John and Yoko love in. Let's hope it remains that way at 5pm on Saturday.

Even Mr K has relegated himself to a small k although I did notice he still allowed a reference to Mrs K. I guess she wears the pants in the household, at least when k doesn't have them on his head.

Kum bay ya, my Lord.
    Good morning Mr CAM.

Thank you so much for giving me a mention as this has saved me the trouble of saying look at me and talking about myself and posting simply for attention.

I hope all is well in the USA.

A thousand apologies for my mental aberration the other day mistakenly calling you a w..anker when in fact you are a lovely lovely person.

I am confident that the love in will continue as everyone has now discovered their gender neutral side

I do hear that one poster who I cannot name is suffering with acute confusion reading all this but will soon be posting saying he now accepts my time at RGS and realises that I actually did take Alevels a year early.

I wish you and Mrs CAM all the very best and please do not fret I will be returning in 2 weeks after my cruise to the Azores.

Lots and love and respect to the mods

k

Quote Originally Posted by kempo View Post
    Good morning Mr CAM.

Thank you so much for giving me a mention as this has saved me the trouble of saying look at me and talking about myself and posting simply for attention.

I hope all is well in the USA.

A thousand apologies for my mental aberration the other day mistakenly calling you a w..anker when in fact you are a lovely lovely person.

I am confident that the love in will continue as everyone has now discovered their gender neutral side

I do hear that one poster who I cannot name is suffering with acute confusion reading all this but will soon be posting saying he now accepts my time at RGS and realises that I actually did take Alevels a year early.

I wish you and Mrs CAM all the very best and please do not fret I will be returning in 2 weeks after my cruise to the Azores.

Lots and love and respect to the mods

k
    Enjoy you cruise Kempo, and please pass my best wishes to Mrs K.

I strongly recommend a mudslide around 10.30 each evening

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast