+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T Grenfell Enquiry

Just hope the enquiry gets to the bottom of what went wrong/who sanctioned what/and whether cost was more important than tenants safety when it came to repairs/renovation at Grenfell as it would appear at first hand, but lets see what the enquiry reveals as I am sure the right people are in place to find out why this tragedy occurred in the first place and to make sure it never happens again.
    The folk who lost their lives(and their grieving families) and folk who suffered awful burns/injuries and the many displaced tenants deserve answers as this fire should never have happened.

... it's no good pretending this is a political issue. It's a process issue which goes a long way past politics. Political parties of all persuasions are part of the causes. One aspect which will surely come out is the role of the fire brigade. Heroes for saving lives but culprits for turning a blind eye on safety. Arguably, after construction is completed, they are checking high rise buildings on a planned (?) basis to pass Safety Reg legislation requirements. Whilst they may tick the boxes, they know damn well when something is unsafe. So what's been happening? Do they turn a blind eye for fear of making uncomfortable waves?

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Forgive me Sid if I DON'T see this as a political issue.....I'd much rather wait until I see the findings of the enquiry, and what the current government will do as a result....ok with you?

If contractors or local councilors deliberately substituted inferior cladding....then I want to see jail sentences
    So do I; left, right or centre, but it's still political because decisions were made (to do with time, materials and money) by groups of people who shared a viewpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... it's no good pretending this is a political issue. It's a process issue which goes a long way past politics. Political parties of all persuasions are part of the causes. One aspect which will surely come out is the role of the fire brigade. Heroes for saving lives but culprits for turning a blind eye on safety. Arguably, after construction is completed, they are checking high rise buildings on a planned (?) basis to pass Safety Reg legislation requirements. Whilst they may tick the boxes, they know damn well when something is unsafe. So what's been happening? Do they turn a blind eye for fear of making uncomfortable waves?
    Black Horse, I don't know whether you're a married man but, believe it or not, politics also inhabits areas of your marriage. Also your friendships. Party political is a whole different ball game.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    So do I; left, right or centre, but it's still political because decisions were made (to do with time, materials and money) by groups of people who shared a viewpoint.
    Sid - You could make an argument for ANY facet of daily life to be somehow linked to politics or "the failure of those in power to take action"......garbage in the rivers and oceans leading to plastic in our drinking water, Hillsborough, immigration, the banking crisis.....the list is endless.

Look at today's tube bombing......is it TM's fault for reducing police numbers or Blair's fault for invading Iraq and ultimately creating ISIS?

Is it because ALL governments REFUSE to stop immigration despite pretending that it's under control....I honestly don't think that bringing Party Politics into this is helpful.......Grenfell should never be allowed to happen again, whoever agreed the cladding needs 10 years in jail....and all Muslim agitators need deporting or jailing after today's attack.....and if Corbyn was in power, I'd be saying exactly the same thing.
    Last edited by tarquinbeech; 15-09-2017 at 03:03 PM.

Holds head in hands in despair at the vast number of blind people who seem to live on Notts Mad.

Holds head in hands in despair at the vast number of blind people who seem to live on Notts Mad.
    Or simply see the world differently than you.
    Last edited by navypie; 15-09-2017 at 04:42 PM.

I honestly try to keep off political threads but if I was ever going to point a finger at a "blind" person on Notts Mad it would be you! oh the ironing>

Pot, kettle,black

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    I honestly try to keep off political threads but if I was ever going to point a finger at a "blind" person on Notts Mad it would be you! oh the ironing>
    Only honest about how ancient you are. Try harder to keep off the political freds because the few views you've expressed are antediluvian.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast