+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT: A dinner party ruined.

OT: A dinner party ruined.

Hosted a dinner for the local university crowd last night. It was all going well with much talk about how delightful the new campus mosque is and how relieved they all were that several of their kids have thrown off the shackles of gender identity. Then, unfortunately, my faux pas for which I can only blame the red wine. Stupidly I asked the Safe Space Co-ordinator if he/she still felt Aung Sang Sui Kyi was the best thing since sliced bread given that she has stated that the genocide and ethnic cleansing of Muslims in Myanmar was "fake news" and that the Muslims were in fact killing themselves and burning their own villages? Bad idea. One should never put leftie-liberals on the spot. They don't like it one little bit. As I say, dinner party ruined.

Monty your a card my friend 😊

I feel slightly offended Monty that I wasn't invited to your dinner party.

I could have saved the day by deflecting the conversation away from its dreadfulness towards a discussion about medicine and how it's been my vocation.

Even so I hope some of the evening was of interest and no one had a nut allergy.

Quote Originally Posted by kempo View Post

Even so I hope some of the evening was of interest and no one had a nut allergy.
    Let's face it if anyone had a nut allergy then they wouldn't be anywhere near Monty would they?...

😆😆😆

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Let's face it if anyone had a nut allergy then they wouldn't be anywhere near Monty would they?...

Brilliant

Yes I agree brilliant..

I would never have thought of that association of nut with monty...absolutely brilliant.

I do hope that monty is not offended by your brilliant quip MillMoormagic ....I am sure he won't be as he is a placid sort and a thoroughly decent chap.

Quote Originally Posted by kempo View Post
    Yes I agree brilliant..

I would never have thought of that association of nut with monty...absolutely brilliant.

I do hope that monty is not offended by your brilliant quip MillMoormagic ....I am sure he won't be as he is a placid sort and a thoroughly decent chap.
    Gentleman this is much better banter, well done one and all. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Gentleman this is much better banter, well done one and all. 👍
    Have a lovely evening Brin.

Best wishes to you and yours.