+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: O/T London tube shut down

I'm in Earls Court at the moment. 3 minutes walk from Earl's Court station. Woke up to this news this morning. Apart from the closed line from here to Wimbledon there is no disruption, panic etc. The local tv news is obviously majoring on this story. Other than that everybody carrying on as normal - as you would expect I suppose. Are we becoming hardened to this sort of incident?

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    I'm in Earls Court at the moment. 3 minutes walk from Earl's Court station. Woke up to this news this morning. Apart from the closed line from here to Wimbledon there is no disruption, panic etc. The local tv news is obviously majoring on this story. Other than that everybody carrying on as normal - as you would expect I suppose. Are we becoming hardened to this sort of incident?
    Certainly we are, it was the same when i was there when the murdering twohat mowed those down at westminster and killed the cop, i was a mile away in the west end and you wouldn't know owt had happened if you didn't have tv/social media etc, but that's the correct way to deal with it, isn't it?

Chasing down suspects but still refusing to state their colour or whether they are 'killing' in the name of Islam.

I am surprised that we have not been told its a English fella with mental health problems maybe that will come later.

Meanwhile the public can't help as we are not sure who we are looking for..maybe a Chinese looking chap..not sure.

I will have a friendly bet with anyone that wants to take it that at least one of the perps is known to the security services and at some time has been under surveillance so that would be 100 per cent which of course shows we are not tough enough and we need special powers to sort suspects out.

Let's kick the can down the road as usual but special powers will come in eventually.

Of course I could be wrong and mikemiller correct..maybe a white Yorkshireman in a flat cap who the police are searching for.

What gets me is that it was a planted bomb and not a suicide bomber which makes me wonder was it really a I.S attack? Not to mention I.S haven't claimed it have they?

However from what I remember and what I could find on internet. it resembles the IRA attacks

IS have claimed it silly.

IRA attacks were usually made using Semtex to my memory.

Quote Originally Posted by kempo View Post
    IS have claimed it silly.

IRA attacks were usually made using Semtex to my memory.
    Yes they did in part when they could get supplies from Libya (another muslim nation)

When semtex was hard to find they used various forms of sugar, fertilizer and weedkiller bombs.

Apparently breaking news is they've arrested an 18 year old man in Dover in connection with the incident.

No comment about his background yet.

We aren't going to win until we take the gloves off and fight back.

Round up every one on the "known list" and shoot them.

This comment regarding Met Police Commissioner Cressida Dick made me nauseous

"Ms Dick, who travelled by Tube before joining Met officers patrolling the South Bank, said: "London has not stopped after other terrible attacks and it will not stop after this one."

That's nice love, maybe we can ditch your private chauffeured car for good, save some money and recruit some more coppers that in an average day would do more than you do in all of your fast tracked politically correct career.

Apparently the suspect arrested is a Syrian refugee being fostered by a couple who recently got an MBE. I seem to remember outrage from the usual suspects when I suggested some of the asylum seekers and refugees flooding in might be terrorists. Mike, Kerr, John2, Brassgnat and roly are no doubt desperately trawling for bomb attacks made by white members of the establishement, taking time off from their mythical murders of young boys in non-existent evil *** rings.

18 & 21 yr olds arrested

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123