+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: The Alternative

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    Most useful thing would be for fans groups to sacrifice their own personal egos for the greater good.

Organise and get one focus.

Get control of the trust board and get publicity as third biggest shareholder, resign board position if desired, call club EGM with 5% of shareholding.

But that won’t happen.

I’ve zero confidence in any fan group.
    shame because we have some tangerine blood members of every group. Egos and arrogance are an issue

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    shame because we have some tangerine blood members of every group. Egos and arrogance are an issue
    We no doubt have big Arabs involved but most are bigger fans of themselves than United.

How many would actually sacrifce their position for the greater good?

The few that have in past are often the ones painted as the bad ones when they actually are not.

I know of one former trust chair painted as an ST apologist who spent his chairmanship trying to put together a package to get ST to walk away.

But that’s not what the egos in charge want you to know. Because it’s all about the groups and members in place and not United.

The egos are hurting United. Inside the club and amongst the fan groups.

We no doubt have big Arabs involved but most are bigger fans of themselves than United
    Name and shame Frank, another good thread this which is all leading back to the AT thread. Good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Name and shame Frank, another good thread this which is all leading back to the AT thread. Good stuff!
    Id say they all are.

In particular the new groups that needlessly set themselves up at significant cost when they could easily have taken over the Trust.

No?

We no doubt have big Arabs involved but most are bigger fans of themselves than United.

How many would actually sacrifce their position for the greater good?

The few that have in past are often the ones painted as the bad ones when they actually are not.

I know of one former trust chair painted as an ST apologist who spent his chairmanship trying to put together a package to get ST to walk away.

But that’s not what the egos in charge want you to know. Because it’s all about the groups and members in place and not United.

The egos are hurting United. Inside the club and amongst the fan groups.
    i know exactly the person and issue you are talking about (i think - maybe been more than one tbf )

Id say they all are.

In particular the new groups that needlessly set themselves up at significant cost when they could easily have taken over the Trust.

No?
    Totally agree, fwiw i dont buy into the foundation or fans united

i know exactly the person and issue you are talking about (i think - maybe been more than one tbf )
    The other fan groups didn’t want the truth of what he tried to do to get out because it didn’t suit their narrative that the Trust were always up STs arse. But the moves were confidential so he couldn’t betray trusts of those he approached by defending himself.

So he had to sacrifice himself and take the flak by those who bought the BS. Such a shame.

I’ve zero confidence in any of the groups. Trust, Fed, DUSF, FU. None of them.

Until they merge and get organised properly there will be no progress from a fan rep perspective.

We don’t need 4 or 5 groups.

But who will say “it’s acruskky about United and not me or my group”?

Never going to happen.

WASC.
    Last edited by PortugueseFrank; 15-09-2017 at 10:36 PM.

some interesting points that make sense - hope it doesnt take 7 years of this to get some better unity amongst fan groups

some interesting points that make sense - hope it doesnt take 7 years of this to get some better unity amongst fan groups
    It’ll never happen.

Ever. Too many egos.

Frightening stuff.

It’ll never happen.

Ever. Too many egos.

Frightening stuff.
    So we need a strong rich leader with lots of money who bleeds tangerine and can turn round and say 270 fan groups i wont deal with get one and i will have on the board. easy

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)