+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Killie Roll Call

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Sh!t results like this and the tombola nonsense is why McInnes will never be a top manager.
    I get a horrible feeling the Tombola will be out again on Thursday.
    He'll over think it & try & match up with Motherwell & play a 3-5-2 or a 3-5-1-1.
    Wait & see.

For me the big lesson McInnes surely learned today was that Christie has to start every game. Different class to the rest of the team.

Stewart was abysmal and should have been hooked at half time. Think it will be a long time before he or Maynard start again.

For me the back four looked ok today, Arnie won every aerial challenge and was far better than his initial debacle.

Thought MacLean was excellent, really liked his attitude getting tore into every challenge (and I've never been a fan).

By phuck we miss Johnny Hayes though

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I get a horrible feeling the Tombola will be out again on Thursday.
    He'll over think it & try & match up with Motherwell & play a 3-5-2 or a 3-5-1-1.
    Wait & see.

When was the last time we won a game without playing our normal 4231 formation? I can't remember when it was.

McLean is utter s'hite.

Looked like we were going to play a back four but we pissed around with it during the game.

We were miles ahead of that lot today, the reason we let it slip was that we are nowhere near as good as we think we are.

When was the last time we won a game without playing our normal 4231 formation? I can't remember when it was.
    Can't remember us winning with a 3-5-2
    We've always looked sh1te at it.
    Stick to 4-2-3-1 and a vote of 9/10 players.

Stewart doesn't look great to me.
    So only other option would be Wright?
    Christie gets played there to accommodate McLean at "10".

F**k knows what DM comes up with but expect a surprise or two.

If we play as we have been, we'll get put out.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    we are nowhere near as good as we think we are.
    Have to agree with this, it's an attitude thing. Still second top and unbeaten though - can't see that lasting long.
    Last edited by Hairdrier; 16-09-2017 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairdrier View Post
    Have to agree with this, it's an attitude thing. Still second top though.
    Playing sh@te and second is not bad but we have had an "easier start" to the season than usual. So in essence we have been lucky. Today is a terrible result. There is no dressing that up. We cant be dropping sh@tey points like that at home

The 6 games we have played so far have been against the bottom 6 teams in the league

It's all McInnes's fault for getting the tombola out again. Why can't he stick to our normal formation instead of mucking about with weird line ups?
    But we did play our normal 4231 formation. Back 4 of Logan, O'Connor, Arnason, Considine; Shinnie & McLean in the middle; Stewart and Wright wide, with May playing off Maynard.

Until we swapped the 3 around, we had them on the ropes. May was getting involved in everything. Shifting him out wide, and putting Stewart through the middle killed momentum completely. Second half, we came out too lethargic, got punished for it, and didn't know how to react.

The Stewart that plays for us doesn't look capable of coping with the pressure. I suspect that being the main man at a mid/lower team like Dundee suits him more than being a part of the machine at a team like us.

Quote Originally Posted by Millers_Tash View Post
    The Stewart that plays for us doesn't look capable of coping with the pressure. I suspect that being the main man at a mid/lower team like Dundee suits him more than being a part of the machine at a team like us.
    When a players was playing Junior or amateur footy till the age of 20, then at Cowdenbeath till he gets a move to Dundee at 24, you have to query how good he actually is, even when he does score a good few goals at the top level.

Shades of Andy Dow for me, one good season in his entire career.

I've seen nothing from Stewart that makes me thinks he is good enough for us.

At least he's only here for a season, as is Maynard

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast