+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T Cricket Surrey v Yorks

O/T Cricket Surrey v Yorks

Been to a couple of days of this County Championship match. Not ideal weather for cricket, but not much time lost due to rain/bad light either. Looks like Yorkshire have saved the game today and got a draw. Great Yorks batting performance from Shaun Marsh. Two games to go, but Marsh is going back to Australia tomorrow. Not sure if we have Lyth back for the next game - think he's on paternity leave at the moment, but we should have the West Indies opener Kraigg Brathwaite available for our last two games.

Warks are already relegated, but two teams go down and it is very close in the lower half of County Championship Div One. We've got Warks (H) next, followed by Es*** (A) [Es*** are already top of the table and can't be overtaken]

Update - Players didn't return after going off for bad light - MATCH DRAWN
    Last edited by mikemiller; 15-09-2017 at 03:27 PM.

May I respectfully remind you mike that this is a football board.

I have noted your prowess at googling so I am sure that you can have a google and find a cricket site.

Enjoy the football game today..We are playing Bradford away.

Have a very nice day.

Good morning k.

In all fairness he did use O/T so you could have ignored the post.

Do have a splendid day, I'm off to Bratfud later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Good morning k.

In all fairness he did use O/T so you could have ignored the post.

Do have a splendid day, I'm off to Bratfud later on.
    Be Safe brin

UTM

Quote Originally Posted by kempo View Post
    May I respectfully remind you mike that this is a football board.

I have noted your prowess at googling so I am sure that you can have a google and find a cricket site.

Enjoy the football game today..We are playing Bradford away.

Have a very nice day.
    Thanks for the advice...
    Maybe I should have posted "information" about Rotherham Grammar School former pupils and teachers , share dealing, car purchases, holiday cruises, badly thought out stuff about terrorism ,similarly junior doctors , fictional characters, etc, instead

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Thanks for the advice...
    Maybe I should have posted "information" about Rotherham Grammar School former pupils and teachers , share dealing, car purchases, holiday cruises, badly thought out stuff about terrorism ,similarly junior doctors , fictional characters, etc, instead
    Mike, don't be put off. I enjoy your cricket posts.

Details of last two CC Div 1 games for anybody who is planning to go (and don't forget that these are 1030 starts)

Tuesday 19th Sept - Warks at Headingley

Monday 25th Sept - Es*** at Chelmsford

Both of our remaining opponents have nothing to play for, so let's hope we can take advantage of that

I was hoping our England players would come back and dig us out of the mire but there's still T20 and ODI's going on.
    It's a lottery at this time of year as wins can be difficult due to the weather

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    I was hoping our England players would come back and dig us out of the mire but there's still T20 and ODI's going on.
    It's a lottery at this time of year as wins can be difficult due to the weather
    The England selectors haven't done us any favours - this season and last season (probably cost us the Div 1 title last year). I don't think that the weather forecast is too bad for next week, although it will probably be cloudy. Not sure what the Headingley drainage system is like now (not been to any rainy games there this season), but at grounds like Lords and the Oval the outfield dries very quickly these days, even after a big downpour

Squeaky bum time Mike....for 8 days LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast