+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hodgson at Palace

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Even if we have a good season, I think Rafa will leave if he isn't given cash.
    Why do you think that?

He didnīt leave when we were relegated, he didnīt leave when we signed noone in January and he hasnīt left now after not getting much cash.
    I think heīs been told heīll get all that the club generates and so the onus is in him to finish as high as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Why do you think that?
    Because there's only so much you can take. Clearly he has been upset about some stuff for a while now, regarding transfers mainly.

Yes he hasn't gone yet which is fantastic - I'm enjoying every minute of having him here - but I just happen to suspect that if he's somehow not getting what he's been promised (whatever the specifics are) I think he won't take it well. And I wouldn't blame him.

Anyway, here's to hoping he'll stay for many years to come.

Rafa (and lots of other managers) has a history of not being happy with money made available for players.
    In his recent interviews I notice that he looks happier and is pleased with how the new players have fitted in. He even said yesterday that if we play like we can then we can beat anyone.

I wouldn't give Roy anything
    If any manager needs to be banned for life for making the game a laughing stock he is it

What a boring kint he is

He could put a glass eye to sleep

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Because there's only so much you can take. Clearly he has been upset about some stuff for a while now, regarding transfers mainly.

Yes he hasn't gone yet which is fantastic - I'm enjoying every minute of having him here - but I just happen to suspect that if he's somehow not getting what he's been promised (whatever the specifics are) I think he won't take it well. And I wouldn't blame him.

Anyway, here's to hoping he'll stay for many years to come.
    I did read somewhere - it may be made up speculation, i've no idea - that since the window closed, he has put the feud with mike to one side and is concentrating on getting the best out of the players he has and each game as it comes along. when the january window opens the feud will resume.

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    I did read somewhere - it may be made up speculation, i've no idea - that since the window closed, he has put the feud with mike to one side and is concentrating on getting the best out of the players he has and each game as it comes along. when the january window opens the feud will resume.
    I read that somewhere as well.

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    He said something similar in an interview. In other words he had the squad we finished up with and it was his job to get the best possible out of them until such time as he could make adjustments, presumably referring to next window.

He added it was no good assuming what might have been had he got other targets in, as he finished up with some players staying, some sold and some replacements in and that was his squad until the next window and it was also the sum total of what he he had to work with to the best of his ability and to get the same out of his players.

i.e. get them also working to the best of their ability.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)