+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Millwall - v Leeds United ***Matchday Thread***

Unfortunately WTF anyone on their day can beat anyone in this annoying league, Millwall had their day, we are top of the league, we will be promoted this season.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Regarding the match -
    The atmosphere at the Den nowadays which sadly resorts to use large speakers to enhance the home crowd noise is something I hope does not catch on - bit like 'canned' laughter on old Tv shows from the past.

They have loud speakers down there!......id have thought their gobby fans would surface. What did one of em say "loud and raucous" sad part is they actually believe it......Londoners really think they are the center of the universe when actually is the biggest cess pit in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    Unfortunately WTF anyone on their day can beat anyone in this annoying league, Millwall had their day, we are top of the league, we will be promoted this season.
    Not suggesting otherwise Clive, just a tad disappointed with a performance that would have destroyed our goal difference if we had been playing against a team who actually knew where the goal was, and not far different from the Brum game.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Not suggesting otherwise Clive, just a tad disappointed with a performance that would have destroyed our goal difference if we had been playing against a team who actually knew where the goal was, and not far different from the Brum game.
    There you go again....going on about "a performance that would have destroyed our goal difference if we had been playing against a team who actually knew where the goal was, and not far different from the Brum game". The fact is that we lost by ONE goal, it didn't destroy our goal difference and we weren't playing against a team who "actually knew where the goal was" You and your suppositions, "what-ifs", "what-could-have-happened", "what-might-have-happened"......blah, blah, blah.....so, we lost our first game and we had a bad day at the office....but, no, you just had to go and dig up more negatives about the team and its performance with your hypothetical "what-ifs"

Quote Originally Posted by t_bird7982 View Post
    There you go again....going on about "a performance that would have destroyed our goal difference if we had been playing against a team who actually knew where the goal was, and not far different from the Brum game". The fact is that we lost by ONE goal, it didn't destroy our goal difference and we weren't playing against a team who "actually knew where the goal was" You and your suppositions, "what-ifs", "what-could-have-happened", "what-might-have-happened"......blah, blah, blah.....so, we lost our first game and we had a bad day at the office....but, no, you just had to go and dig up more negatives about the team and its performance with your hypothetical "what-ifs"
    Ok, would you care to highlight positives from the performance?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Ok, would you care to highlight positives from the performance?
    Typical obfuscating response from you. Wasn't it you in other threads who was going on about "missing the point"? Your initial post was not merely about the fact that we'd lost but about suppositions and "what-ifs" and now you're changing the issue to "highlight the positives from the performance". I'm not here to "highlight the positives" for you and be dragged down to your level. I responded to your initial post that you're constantly looking for negatives to the extent that you had to create suppositions. What a sad negative individual you are

Quote Originally Posted by t_bird7982 View Post
    Typical obfuscating response from you. Wasn't it you in other threads who was going on about "missing the point"? Your initial post was not merely about the fact that we'd lost but about suppositions and "what-ifs" and now you're changing the issue to "highlight the positives from the performance". I'm not here to "highlight the positives" for you and be dragged down to your level. I responded to your initial post that you're constantly looking for negatives to the extent that you had to create suppositions. What a sad negative individual you are
    Don't see how responding to your post which criticised me for pointing out that, to use your words "we lost our first game and we had a bad day at the office" is obfuscating anything.

There was/is nothing positive about a game where we appear not to have turned up, mustered all of one shot, and even then not on goal, managed to concede a soft goal in game where the opposition managed 6 on target, where we got bossed off the park in a game where the fluid, exciting football we saw against Forest and (to an extent) against Birmingham) was never going to succeed (and we should have known it wouldn't, but did nothing about it).

Other posts I've put up have congratulated the team, and conceded that some of the newcomers have done remarkably well, but Saturday was a huge wake-up call to the players and coach/manager, hopefully one they take on board and work with. Lots of games to come, many like Saturdays, sooner we show we have the physical presence to dominate as well as the skill to perform the better.

Quote Originally Posted by BenidormBlanco View Post
    S'ok BB, you and the rest just keep slapping yourselves on the back.

Genuinely glad to see good performances, (said so, numerous times), but do we just gloss over the things that are patently in need to attention (or maybe you think all is hunk dorey?) in the pursuit of heavenly unanimity (I suspect Christiansen would have been anything but quiet after Saturday)?

To all the "happy clappers", a wake up call.

What a load of drivel.

A lot of people have been posting positive stuff as we have had a positive start to the season. There has been improvements both on and off the pitch, I don't see any "happy clappers" just positive people enjoying the start we made. It's been the best start we have had in years!!

Your view of everyone agreeing with each other and slapping each others backs on this forum is pure sh1te as well. People agreeing with each other over positives doesn't make this a bad forum.

I don't agree with everything that is posted by people on here, but it is their opinion and just cause I believe differently doesn't make me correct.

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)