+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Millwall - v Leeds United ***Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Yes I am, on and on and on and on!😉
    killing every thread in your boring wake ....

Get back to your cave troll

The last time I looked on this thread, oohh about 4 years ago now lol, it was all abaout Millwall v Leeds.
    Ive missed so much, and NO I don't need a re-cap of what Ive missed.

So its Liesesster in the Lc cup, how about another penalty shoot out there. Get your silppers on and buy some popcorn for this match. lol

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybn View Post
    killing every thread in your boring wake ....

Get back to your cave troll
    You just can't resist can you? Sad really, nothing else to do but wait in tenterhooks for a post from me so you can rush to respond.

You just can't resist can you? Sad really, nothing else to do but wait in tenterhooks for a post from me so you can rush to respond.
    The last word 😂

I think you 2 need to shag and get it over with.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    I think you 2 need to shag and get it over with.
    Yeah but WTF would still find summat to moan about afterwards...

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Yeah but WTF would still find summat to moan about afterwards...
    Or during even?

Or during even?

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Okay in answer to your question.
    You've stated many opinions throughout this thread which in essence was your opinionated disappointment at the team's performance level in a game we lost.
    In fairness Millwall played well and we did not and we lost on that day.
    Your assessment was 'we didn't turn up'
    My assessment was 'they didn't allow us to'
    In TRUTH the answer is in the middle of our opinions.

Our Coach,team and fans will obviously share your disappointment but POSITIVES came from that display with a fantastic team performance in the next game we played and won.So lessons learned and squad wise we have bounced back POSITIVELY.In effect we turned up on and off the pitch (team & fans) supporting one another and thus a winning performance was produced in a tight game which mentally we ultimately took the spoils - So for me I'll laud the POSITIVES from those two games after the Burnley win as to attribute negative comments so quickly after the Millwall game in fairness was a tad unfair - as in reflection considering all the circumstances our team (a developing team) had to endure on and off the pitch that day at the Den you chose not to comment on.
    Positives were learnt from negatives AND that should be applauded IMO and I agree with you that our young Coach would have dealt with that 'behind the dressingroom door' positively to a young squad still learning with respect and credit should be given to him and our squad for the response.
    Personally this team of our is good and I've only seen 'em in three matches this season but what I've seen is most encouraging and I'm looking forward to seeing them at Cardiff for my next time out.
    Literally 'a glass half full' or 'a glass half empty' scenario between our opinions but let's enjoy what hopefully is the start of a great POSITIVE season.
    MOT

Good read that........AS the song goes...."It's getting better all the time" (for us older sods!)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Okay in answer to your question.
    You've stated many opinions throughout this thread which in essence was your opinionated disappointment at the team's performance level in a game we lost.
    In fairness Millwall played well and we did not and we lost on that day.
    Your assessment was 'we didn't turn up'
    My assessment was 'they didn't allow us to'
    In TRUTH the answer is in the middle of our opinions.

Our Coach,team and fans will obviously share your disappointment but POSITIVES came from that display with a fantastic team performance in the next game we played and won.So lessons learned and squad wise we have bounced back POSITIVELY.In effect we turned up on and off the pitch (team & fans) supporting one another and thus a winning performance was produced in a tight game which mentally we ultimately took the spoils - So for me I'll laud the POSITIVES from those two games after the Burnley win as to attribute negative comments so quickly after the Millwall game in fairness was a tad unfair - as in reflection considering all the circumstances our team (a developing team) had to endure on and off the pitch that day at the Den you chose not to comment on.
    Positives were learnt from negatives AND that should be applauded IMO and I agree with you that our young Coach would have dealt with that 'behind the dressingroom door' positively to a young squad still learning with respect and credit should be given to him and our squad for the response.
    Personally this team of our is good and I've only seen 'em in three matches this season but what I've seen is most encouraging and I'm looking forward to seeing them at Cardiff for my next time out.
    Literally 'a glass half full' or 'a glass half empty' scenario between our opinions but let's enjoy what hopefully is the start of a great POSITIVE season.
    MOT
    Actually, it wasn't really a question, was it?

I expressed disappointment on the "troll" issue, because tbh I wouldn't have expected you to join in, but anyway I think your reply deserves equal consideration;

I think if you look back at my posts regarding the Millwall match, "not turning up" wasn't the thrust, it was more that a determined team (And we will face others) managed to boss us about when no-one else has. I think most contributors have said much the same, and I suspect most were disappointed in our performance and will to win/fight (and expressed such opinions), so I'm hardly out of the mainstream on that score?

I've also posted on here regarding the good job the newcomers are doing, and that they have proved me wrong in terms of making a really positive start in a league that many had no experience of before joining Leeds, (and despite some who would suggest to the contrary, I've acknowledged being wrong in the past), and did so (again) following the win at Burnley.

We will win some, and we will lose others. I have and will continue to congratulate the team when we perform well, win or lose (go on, someone, prove me wrong on my past record on that!), but equally when we perform badly, (even if we win) make decisions I think aren't in the best interests of the club, etc. I respectfully reserve the right to criticise (sometime constructively, sometimes less so, depending on the lateness of the hour and the degree on inebriation ). Isn't that what a forum is supposed to be for?

Anyway, onwards and upwards, Ipswich won't be easy, but then again, neither will we (and ER).

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)