+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: O/T - Could Notts CCC Miss Out On The Title?

21 year old Number 10 Matt Carter scores his highest first class to help save the follow on.

Number 11 Harry Gurney is also on a career best 28 not out!

Hats off to the middle and lower order. At 65 for 5 we were doomed. Now 400 runs later we have an excellent chance of going up.

Well done in particular to Captain fantastic scoring a century in his last match and under those conditions

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    Meanwhile it's raining in Worcester and is forecast for the rest of the day, possibly giving them 3 sessions to beat Durham. Cheeky fiver on Notts to win the league
    That throws up a bit of a tricky question - if Sus*** set Notts a tempting run chase to win the game, do we go for it to win the title or drop anchor and play for a promotion securing draw? Regardless, it's a position I didn't think we'd be in at close of play yesterday. Fantastic effort from the skipper and Root to turn things around, the top 5 should give them their match fee after such a pitiful effort on what is clearly a good batting wicket.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    Meanwhile it's raining in Worcester and is forecast for the rest of the day, possibly giving them 3 sessions to beat Durham. Cheeky fiver on Notts to win the league
    I favour the negative approach. Northants look certain to win now. It's bad light at Hove now anyway ... which is good.

Just back from a couple of days in Devon. After a great 3-0 win last night, I get home to find that Notts’ last five wickets have revived our promotion chances. Really pleased that Chris Read grabbed a century in his last match.

Also a word for Harry Gurney; officially the worst batsman in the division, being 205th and bottom in the averages with an average of 2.57 and a total of 18 runs scored all season prior to this game. A fantastic effort to end up 42 not out.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    That throws up a bit of a tricky question - if Sus*** set Notts a tempting run chase to win the game, do we go for it to win the title or drop anchor and play for a promotion securing draw? Regardless, it's a position I didn't think we'd be in at close of play yesterday. Fantastic effort from the skipper and Root to turn things around, the top 5 should give them their match fee after such a pitiful effort on what is clearly a good batting wicket.
    You're not on your own Elite - I and many cricket lovers would have given Notts no chance at close of play last night. What a final season Ready's had - brilliant.

Glad to see Ballsie has made the trip to Oz but I would have also taken Hales.

Awesome stuff from Notts.
    Notts
    5 draw
    5 batting bonus
    2 bowling bonus
    Total

Northants
    16 win
    1 batting bonus
    3 bowling bonus

Total

Looks comfortable now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    That is by no means guaranteed. We are bottling it again against the only team that can catch us. 80/5 now.
    Never in doubt mate........

Lucky we have a middle and lower order who don't bottle it.

Major rebuilding job to be done now. Although is suspect Hales might find it a little more difficult to get his England place back after more late night shenanigans.

Final Day is going to have a late start which is just what the doctor ordered.

Despite Northants winning as expected, I am expecting the captains to shake hands on a draw down at Hove at 16:30, securing promotion for Notts. A fitting finale for Chris Read, one last rescue act which has been a trademark of a brilliant career. He will be hard to to replace next season.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast