+ Visit Preston North End FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Weekend 16th Sept....

Weekend 16th Sept....

Well another weekend of fantastic football and our teams are involved in some right old games where we actually could see managers given their marching orders very early in the season in this day and age of mad football management. Both us and Barnsley are playing teams who at the moment are disgruntled with their managers and another loss could almost put the clubs over the edge. I think Barnsley could indeed put one over Villa and we are certainly capable of beating Birmingham at their place as it's certainly not fortress St. Andrews. Leeds have a tough old trip to the one and only Den but the way Leeds are playing even though Millwall are tough to play at their own ground I think it may be another 3pts for Leeds. Dingles head to Anfield and while they are playing a Liverpool side not at their best I think the scousers will just have too much for Burnley but we haven't to dismiss the clarets as they are unbeaten away from home thus far.

Good luck for your teams this weekend

So funnily enough we've both got Brummie opponents this weekend Gards. Its live on sky and its our 130 year aniversary at the moment and loads for former favourites are turning up for the party.
    And I see one particular vile low life Millwall 'fan' is bringing up Galatasaray pictures and regularly using the C word on his teams board, to try and get a reaction from the Leeds fans.

Great point at for the Clarets at Anfield.. Great wins for Millwall and Preston..

Millwall should be fined by the FA for their fans behaviour - bottle and coin throwing at the 4th official - I think we need to toughen up a bit as I got the impression our boys were intimidated by the behaviour.

On a slightly different tack - Bradfords crowd for the Rotherham game just short of 21K, not bad for a league one outfit

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Great point at for the Clarets at Anfield.. Great wins for Millwall and Preston..
    As the whites go marching on

3 away games for you Clarets Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool and not lost any of them. What a crackin start and us Nobbers are in nosebleed territory. CB what happened lad, was it purely hostile atmosphere that hit Leeds or just a bad day at the office, noting it's your first this season which you can't moan too much about. Acido's 130 year celebrations were dampened by Villa which surprised me after a recent good run.

Luckily Alfi us Lanky lads have kept our end up

Dirty Leeds at the Turf tomorrow Gards in that Phookin silly EfL cup.. Both teams will be full off reserves so it's really a non match apart from the braggin rights and being Dirty Leeds cup final..lol

Good luck C B .. Hope the best side wins mate

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Dirty Leeds at the Turf tomorrow Gards in that Phookin silly EfL cup.. Both teams will be full off reserves so it's really a non match apart from the braggin rights and being Dirty Leeds cup final..lol

Good luck C B .. Hope the best side wins mate
    And we did - it was a good entertaining game with the right outcome, we should never have let you score the second goal, one or two of our players need a slap for that

Driving up to Manchester ( Sale) on sat with the missus to see the in-laws, hope to see the game at Deepdale. I see you are in good form and I think if we can come away with a point we will have done well. Gards I see that most of your team is British or Irish, nice one.

Where is Thor these days ? He has been a good poster. Come on you Lions

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    And we did - it was a good entertaining game with the right outcome, we should never have let you score the second goal, one or two of our players need a slap for that
    Yep,you deserved your win .. No arguments from me.. Good luck in the next round

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    Driving up to Manchester ( Sale) on sat with the missus to see the in-laws, hope to see the game at Deepdale. I see you are in good form and I think if we can come away with a point we will have done well. Gards I see that most of your team is British or Irish, nice one.

Where is Thor these days ? He has been a good poster. Come on you Lions
    I don't think there will be a lot in this game Claw but I am hoping home advantage will be the deciding factor. Happy and safe travels Claw and have a good un but only shopping

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)