+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MATCH DAY POST: The Mighty Blades v Norwich City

MATCH DAY POST: The Mighty Blades v Norwich City

Back to BDBL this afternoon, with the visit of a Norwich City side struggling for form. We on the other hand are looking for our 4th consecutive home win. Last time we managed to win our opening four homes games of the season, we were promoted the Premier League. Should be a good following from Norwich despite the distance, but I imagine they won't bring 20,000 even though we haven't played each other since 2011 They do bring with them a record of 30 league goals conceded in their last 13 away games, hopefully we can help that along....

Anyway...

Any team news?

Donaldson better kept as an option from the bench?

Therefore go unchanged from the side which beat Bolton?

Carruthers fit and on the bench?

Depending on other results of course, one that perhaps we should be happy if it doesn't go our way, there's the scary chance of going top this afternoon. Obviously it's still early days, but it'd be nice for a bit whatever the finishing position is next May. Anyway, hopefully a good game, and absolutely another very difficult one, but I'm hopeful of a 2-1 Blades victory.

UTB

I think bash and both wing backs will be brought back in got an ill feeling about this one today funny side Norwich can beat the top sides as easy as losing to those at the bottom we know we will be on it,itcould depend which Norwich turns so picking the splinters out I'm goin against my gut feeling and saying 1-1 more in hope I think,I'll be happy with a point as I feel this could be our first home defeat dunno why I feel like this

Glad normal service has been resumed NAC

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    I think bash and both wing backs will be brought back in got an ill feeling about this one today funny side Norwich can beat the top sides as easy as losing to those at the bottom we know we will be on it,itcould depend which Norwich turns so picking the splinters out I'm goin against my gut feeling and saying 1-1 more in hope I think,I'll be happy with a point as I feel this could be our first home defeat dunno why I feel like this

Glad normal service has been resumed NAC
    My thoughts exactly Bully - reinforced by the team we're having to put out today. Will be happy with a draw.

Kin Hell no sharp, Clark or the don in squad

Brooks and Ched up front

Anyone care to share what's happened to our strikers today? Last minute injuries?

Sharp pulled stomach muscle , Clarke family personal , the don saving him for the Pigs (hamstring )

Unless sharp and Clarke have been fighting lol
    Draw might be best result unless brooks and ched strike up a partnership .

Quote Originally Posted by wavy_blade View Post
    Sharp pulled stomach muscle , Clarke family personal , the don saving him for the Pigs (hamstring )

Unless sharp and Clarke have been fighting lol
    Draw might be best result unless brooks and ched strike up a partnership .
    I take it Hanson is knackered too as he's not even on bench?

Incidentally Evans looks like he's never seen a football before, totally off the pace and his first touch terrible.
    That being said the amount of times we are getting caught in possession is worrying.

Dissapointed to lose,that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    Well we had three forwards out but we never looked like scoring. Too much sideways passing when on the edge of the area, needed to get shots off. Norwich did a number on us, German dark arts in kicking us all over the place allowed by a weak ref. They pushed up the pitch 20 yards and we couldn't deal with it. We looked sluggish Bolton game was still in the legs and our build up play was painfully slow. They had one shot on target and scored we had two in the first half from Brooks and a daisy cutter from Fleck in the second. We aren't going to win games if we don't get bodies in the box, Evans isolated as Brooks drifted out wide. Carruthers on for Duffy was a pointless substitution as the formation was more of the same. Brooks should have gone to No.10 with Thomas who looked up for it when he came on playing alongside Ched. We'll get games like this where teams set out to frustrate us, we should take it as a compliment. We need tactically to mix it up when playing against teams whose only intention is to draw us in and catch us on the break. Lets hope the forwards are back next week.
    We had 5 strikers missin today,i agree we need to shoot more but no way did we deserve to lose today or at least Norwich dint deserve to win in my opinion.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    We had 5 strikers missin today,i agree we need to shoot more but no way did we deserve to lose today or at least Norwich dint deserve to win in my opinion.UTCB
    I m with you Rod. We deffo didn't deserve to lose that. Norwich were absolutely crap especially second half with their spoiling tactics. Heard some in toilets blaming Ched!!! I thought he did well considering he needs a operation on his ankle.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast