+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 up front again

Quote Originally Posted by bobafett View Post
    Really don't understand everyone's obsession with this. Most of the best teams in world football play with 1 up front. The problem is not the formation. We're not getting enough from our central midfield and creative players. I'm not sure they know what the plan is, to be honest. If there is one....
    the problem is our '1' is scott mcdonald, whos verging on dwarfism. nothing sticks up top, and when it does the attacking players are never close enough to him

Quote Originally Posted by bobafett View Post
    Really don't understand everyone's obsession with this. Most of the best teams in world football play with 1 up front. The problem is not the formation. We're not getting enough from our central midfield and creative players. I'm not sure they know what the plan is, to be honest. If there is one....
    Agree.

1,2 or 3 up front. We'd still be sh#te

Most expected us to lose, kept our first cleansheet on Falkirks plastic for awhile, didn't leave with nothing

Not lost ground on the top either

Now have to beat a decent Morton side next week

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Agree.

1,2 or 3 up front. We'd still be sh#te
    We've got our clueless manager to thank for that, but all is ok according to Ray and his happy-clapper followers...

Another good win for Morton, and Dunfermline continuing to win strong and score goals.....both of these teams will fancy their chances over the next two weeks, and I'd bet my house their manager's won't be setting their teams up in a defensive way, or starting the game tentatively.....they be telling them to get stuck right into us from the off....

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Most expected us to lose, kept our first cleansheet on Falkirks plastic for awhile, didn't leave with nothing

Clap, clap, clap.....

I've just realised the answer. Don't go to the game & then you can find loads of positives ala Shedka.

If you want to be a childish eediot Carlisle, then ive more than likely been to more United games than you have over the last twenty five years

Had a lovely afternoon with the family at the Olympic, came out to be somewhat surprised to see we hadn't lost and kept a clean sheet.

Then looked at the BBC stats and discovered we managed a mighty 6 shots at goal and NONE on target..., NONE.!!

My heart goes out to the hardy bunch who travelled today.. 🍻

If you want to be a childish eediot Carlisle, then ive more than likely been to more United games than you have over the last twenty five years
    I've no idea whether you have or not (but I'm pretty sure I will have been to more away games), but if you can't see that this is one of the worst Utd teams in the last 40 odd years (due probably to the managers ineptitude) then I can only think that you are easily pleased & must have an extremely high pain threshold.

Sounded like a poor game where both teams best chance were headers onto the bar

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)