+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank God for the midweek rest!

Thank God for the midweek rest!

Just thought I'd get it in first...who knows what might have happened without it?
    Will the real Derby County please stand up.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Just thought I'd get it in first...who knows what might have happened without it?
    Will the real Derby County please stand up.
    Mid-week rest should help them feel fit and hungry to go at it again after the 5-0 Hull City win but my god it was more like it did the opposite and made us lose all momentum within the team and couldn't find the form that they showed against Hull.

This mid-week change has become a farce an appalling decision by Rowett needs to get his head together and get this team firing up again quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Justice View Post
    Mid-week rest should help them feel fit and hungry to go at it again after the 5-0 Hull City win but my god it was more like it did the opposite and made us lose all momentum within the team and couldn't find the form that they showed against Hull.

This mid-week change has become a farce an appalling decision by Rowett needs to get his head together and get this team firing up again quick.
    Don't be ridiculous...you can't, with the benefit of hindsight, call it an 'appalling decision by Rowett'. He made the call he did for perfectly understandable reasons.
    What puzzles me is how a side can hammer a recently relegated side by five and then, just eight day later, come totally unstuck in forty five minutes against a fairly ordinary Championship side.
    This is surely down to players, not management. God knows why, but their confidence appears so frail and the lack of consistency, other than our consistent inconsistency, has been the Derby County story for season after season and manager after manager now.

Don't be ridiculous...you can't, with the benefit of hindsight, call it an 'appalling decision by Rowett'. He made the call he did for perfectly understandable reasons.
    What puzzles me is how a side can hammer a recently relegated side by five and then, just eight day later, come totally unstuck in forty five minutes against a fairly ordinary Championship side.
    This is surely down to players, not management. God knows why, but their confidence appears so frail and the lack of consistency, other than our consistent inconsistency, has been the Derby County story for season after season and manager after manager now.
    Yes it was an appalling decision by Rowett you swap a team around that performed exceptionally well against Hull and then change the team around by taking 11 players out and another 11 in and lose all the momentum in the Barnsley game and today's game.

Lack of consistency and still searching for our top team.

We brought all these players in and still finding all these same problems keep occurring nothing has changed.

Are the players Rowett bought in any better that the players we had?

Players are majorly underperforming at Derby they are not consistent enough they may put the effort in but there just is no end to the amount of problems we are constantly keep seeing at Derby and unless we see a major improvement in the consistency department because that's what you need in this competitive Championship competition then we just a mere mid-table finish side in the Championship at best.

God help Rowett in trying to get the balance right and find players who can perform to expectations because previous managers before him have failed to see to that and I do hope we fix this midfield up and get rid of a lot of underperforming inconsistency players and I know it won't be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Are the players Rowett bought in any better that the players we had?
    So difficult to say MoP, when Kieftenbeld, for my money the missing piece of the jigsaw, was allowed to get away. Managers have to have a plan and we all know that getting hold of a midfield ball winner was part of Rowett's. He was the piece that may have made it all make sense. Now it seems we have to wait another four months and I fear that whoever was responsible for that particular cock up may have cost us big time this season.

Wasnt shocked by the 2nd half collapse tbh,, in fact i was expecting it, no way were we deserved leaders at ht.. truly pethetic none the less and sadly its to be expected from this group of players. Johnson thinks hes done enough for the season with good outing against hull, back to his pethetic self today which was nice to see,, we dont want to make him feel as though he has to perform every week, hes earned his corn bless him. Vyds subbed off again despite looking the only danger with his pace in behind... nah bring tubby on and play tubby ball whilst 2 1 down..

We need time though, keep upthe rebuild in jan.

It was an absolute shocker of a decision.. Our first 11 need game time together, missed opportunity to get something going. It is 90% down to poor management. GRs inability to change things when they are going wonky.. Wolves, Sheff Utd. Not changing things at half time when we are getting absolutely spanked by Bristol. He puts the square pegs in the round holes. Hoof ball yesterday. One step forward, two back.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryRam View Post
    It was an absolute shocker of a decision.. Our first 11 need game time together, missed opportunity to get something going. It is 90% down to poor management. GRs inability to change things when they are going wonky.. Wolves, Sheff Utd. Not changing things at half time when we are getting absolutely spanked by Bristol. He puts the square pegs in the round holes. Hoof ball yesterday. One step forward, two back.
    I thought you'd be thinking that - about the resting players - Angry and good to see you back too.
    You may be right...I'm really not sure. It's all the 'hindsight' stuff that gets me. I know that doesn't apply in your case and you've consistently called for us to play out strongest team in every match.
    You're not impressed with Rowett then! Early days imo, still a massive mess to sort out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)