+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thank God for the midweek rest!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I thought you'd be thinking that - about the resting players - Angry and good to see you back too.
    You may be right...I'm really not sure. It's all the 'hindsight' stuff that gets me. I know that doesn't apply in your case and you've consistently called for us to play out strongest team in every match.
    You're not impressed with Rowett then! Early days imo, still a massive mess to sort out.
    I desperately want him to succeed but I have doubts.. We never know what goes on behind the scenes but we can see team selections and his strategy. Hoof ball ain't doing it for me at the moment. Jury is out.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryRam View Post
    I desperately want him to succeed but I have doubts.. We never know what goes on behind the scenes but we can see team selections and his strategy. Hoof ball ain't doing it for me at the moment. Jury is out.
    I imagine you went yesterday whereas all I've seen is the stats - unimpressive even when we were winning - and the score.
    I went to Sheffield and it was poor. Sounds, if anything, even worse yesterday.
    Jury is indeed 'out' and the deadline day fiasco was a disaster made light of by the Hull performance. Still at least we, like most proper supporters, can agree that we 'desperately want him to succeed'.
    Can't see real progress being made until the missing midfield link is in place and that is something I imagine Lee Carsley will be well aware of next week. Exactly the sort of player we need actually.

The problem, as I see it, is with our two DM, Huddleston and Johnson, neither are capable of playing the role Rowett wants them to play. Neither are fast. in the case of Huddlestone that's an understatement, and both are immobile and far too easily bypassed. I wonder whether Huddlestone was Rowett's choice?

If we are going to go with two DM, there's only two ways to play it: Either we set out to defend deep and play on the break; or we press high with the defence holding a high line. We do neither and give the opposition far too much time and space. Rowett must be able to see the problem, but has not addressed it. We also need a decent left back. Wisdom has played the position, so could be a solution pending Lowe's return to fitness?

Aye Rowetts decision to rest players certainly played dividends. Ah well at least we can take pride in being a comfortable mid table team and no doubt the same will happen when its the FA cup.

I'm bored with this season already, watching more Rugby these days and not missing the Rams one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteram View Post
    Aye Rowetts decision to rest players certainly played dividends. Ah well at least we can take pride in being a comfortable mid table team and no doubt the same will happen when its the FA cup.

I'm bored with this season already, watching more Rugby these days and not missing the Rams one bit.
    Yes I'll agree, football is getting pretty boring these days. Little to shout about. Get your hopes up 1 week and deflation the next.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)