+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crawley - Great result!

Crawley - Great result!

We may not have been spectacular but boy have we been professional about grinding out wins and clean sheets. Long may it continue!

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    We may not have been spectacular but boy have we been professional about grinding out wins and clean sheets. Long may it continue!
    3 more points towards the magic 50

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    3 more points towards the magic 50
    Typical of Notts fans including myself & even our manager are looking at it this way great win again & long may it continue, it would be nice to be safeish by xmas.

I will firstly say I haven't seen us play this season (so far) but from the last 3-4 match reports from supporters Notts have been terrible to watch.

So the question is...

Awful football, boring to watch, worry about conceding all the time = 3 points

Or

Play exciting, fast flowing, oooow aaaaah football but win/lose every game

Substitute Arsenal with Notts County for that famous chant , 1 nil to the ..... ...... ! I was hoping tarquin hadn't watched it but I think that horse has bolted.

Quote Originally Posted by LEPiePie View Post
    I will firstly say I haven't seen us play this season (so far) but from the last 3-4 match reports from supporters Notts have been terrible to watch.

So the question is...

Or

We haven't been terrible to watch at all, against Swindon I thought we played some good football.

Today we had 6 shots on target to Crawleys 0

So the question is...

Or

To be fair, I was a little OTT last week in calling it dreadful.....after watching today's game I think I can see KN's plan...and it's working.

1. Don't concede a goal at any cost....Crawley didn't have one shot on target

2. If in doubt....boot it out....today at least half a dozen balls went over the stands from our defenders (I thought Crawley had run out of balls at one stage)

3. Don't bother playing it out of defence, get it forward and let Yates (aka Vinny Jones's lovechild) and Milsom scrap it out for the leftovers

4. Wait for the one really good chance to come along....then bag it.

It's working....easy peasy
    Last edited by tarquinbeech; 16-09-2017 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Substitute Arsenal with Notts County for that famous chant , 1 nil to the ..... ...... ! I was hoping tarquin hadn't watched it but I think that horse has bolted.
    I think my Match Ratings should be more acceptable to all this week.....normal service has been resumed in TarkersVille

So the question is...

Or

I've seen us play lovely flowing football and lose quite a few times. It's shyte.

I don't care how we keep up amongst it until Christmas as long as we do. Then look at getting some more quality up front and at centre half to get us to the end of the season.

I'm just thankful we have a system, a plan, and the players know what it is. It's been an awful long time since we could say that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast