+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bradford City Post Match Thoughts

Bradford City Post Match Thoughts

With a quiet match thread and no iPlayer I've no clue how today went apart from the score and BBC text updates. Looks like we gave as good as we got but fell short.

Thoughts?

From what I could see, we were slow out of the blocks in the first 20 minutes or so and Bradford got their noses in front with the Vincelot goal. We huffed and puffed with some good build-up play but the delivery of the ball into the the forwards was never good enough so shots on goal were generally half efforts. Moore was quite effectively dealt with by Bradford and Williams and Potter didn't have the sorts of games they'd had against less capable opposition. We were increasingly picked off in midfield when trying to create something. Bradford knew what they were doing and read us well.

1-1 would just about have been fair but despite a lot of possession we were well thwarted.

Not been but am I wrong. Won't work with Taylor on the left. Like last season play someone half decent didn't work then, won't work now. Williams is to lightweight. Bailey-King is out on loan again & Bray can't get a look in. See whose right. JCH should have been involved the last 2 home games, get him something like match fit.

Long term injury to Proctor, and the various niggling minor injuries to David Ball are worrying. With the number of chances/half-chances created today, I suspect that a fit David Ball might have got on the scoresheet, if we'd been playing 4-4-2. We still need to sign another goalscorer though.
    Mattock is a booking waiting to happen - he's been that for about the last year
    Last edited by mikemiller; 16-09-2017 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Not been but am I wrong. Won't work with Taylor on the left. Like last season play someone half decent didn't work then, won't work now. Williams is to lightweight. Bailey-King is out on loan again & Bray can't get a look in. See whose right. JCH should have been involved the last 2 home games, get him something like match fit.
    Yes gwru your wrong he was awesome at Portsmouth were you wrong then ?
    Stop telling everyone your right all the time cause it just makes you sound like an idiot.
    As for JCH he's like you promises a lot but really gives you nothing.

Close game today just didn't have enough to get a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Yes gwru your wrong he was awesome at Portsmouth were you wrong then ?
    Stop telling everyone your right all the time cause it just makes you sound like an idiot.
    As for JCH he's like you promises a lot but really gives you nothing.

Close game today just didn't have enough to get a point.
    I'm not right all the time & I did see the Portsmouth game. But Taylor I agree works hard but either play him on the Right or not at all. Can't play him on the left, it's so predicable. Against anyone half decent will work him out straight away. See they took him off today along with Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    I'm not right all the time & I did see the Portsmouth game. But Taylor I agree works hard but either play him on the Right or not at all. Can't play him on the left, it's so predicable. Against anyone half decent will work him out straight away. See they took him off today along with Williams.
    It's called using the squad just because players are taken off doesn't mean they should not be in the starting line up

We must be a good side we have moved up a place in the league after losing

From Bradford fans forum

I like the look of Rotherham, they worked like pit ponies and there was no quit in them. The midfield looked like a tidy unit and their attack were unlucky to come up against our defence on the top of their game but there were signs of a decent front line. The only area for them that looked a little bit shaky was their defence where I thought they were easily outmuscled at times and looked a little slow.

Going away to their place will be a tough game.

Found a way to win today against a good side. Some heroic performances namely the entire back four. Brilliant goal line clearances and blocks from KP and Killa, Tony at his wumming best and Chicks very solid.

Not sure we'll be worked harder for 3 points all season. They are decent but would be a darn sight less decent without Moore so probably a bit one dimensional

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast