+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Player Ratings - Barnet at Home

Player Ratings - Barnet at Home

Another two points dropped due to poor management - how obviously needed were those midfield substitutions and how long did he take to make them? Not to mention leaving all your creative players on the bench - genius.

George - 6 - Miles better than Bonham. Might've done a bit better with the goal (with the speed of his decision making), but maybe I'm being harsh - and a couple of decent saves. Patchy distribution, some awful, some excellent. I'd stick with him for a few games in the absence of our own keeper, I think he'll improve the more he plays.

Brown - 6 - Half decent defensively but his distribution (crossing mainly) could be way better - it's quite simple James, keep your eye on the ball and your head still. Not sure why we persisted with his throw-ins. Looks a good signing as back up for Miller.

Grainger - 3 - More lumbering, agricultural, nonsense without any technical quality whatsoever. We desperately need a left-back with more energy and ability.

Ellis - 2 - Not his best game and his lack of pace was cruelly exposed for the goal we conceded. He probably had more of the ball than any other player in a blue shirt, but was forced to play it long all afternoon because our midfield didn't help him enough by making themselves available. That being said, his technique on the ball is atrocious and his afternoon was summed up when the ball arrived at his feet eight yards from goal and his ar_se fell out all over the penalty spot.

Parkes - 4 - Our most creative player until Adams and Kennedy came on, which wasn't saying much. I like the way he gets forward, but in actuality - he needed to be helping Ellis out with his distribution a lot more rather than trying to look like a fat Alan Hansen.

Jones - 5 - Always willing to get on the ball, but struggled with his distribution this afternoon.

Joyce - 5 - Too far away from Jones all afternoon - they work better together in a midfield tandem rather than with Joyce advanced. Was it the fault of the formation we started with or the fault of the players?

Etuhu - 0 - Utter clart. On this performance he doesn't deserve a wage, let alone to be let anywhere near the first team. Powder-puff in the tackle, unable to jump, slower than Stephen Hawking (less wheelchair), unable to pass the ball. What on Earth was he doing on the pitch and how on Earth did he last so long without being substituted?

Lambe - 1 - Pathetic, lightweight, clueless. Seemed to be randomly kicking the ball in any direction, like a small child playing with a football for the first time. I'd rather see one of the first year pro's given a start than this limp excuse for a player.

Hope - 2 - Ran about a bit with no end product (I've heard that somewhere before), his use of the ball was probably worse than normal. Far too easy to defend against. I thought a partnership between Hope and Miller might work upfront - but I admit, I was badly wrong. When we play him upfront more often than not it's a waste of a shirt.

Miller - 7* - Classy finish for his goal (which rescued a point), almost created the winner and kept on diligently making clever runs all afternoon - despite the fact we didn't have a player capable of hitting his feet on the pitch until Adams came on. Came more into the game when playing with Bennett and when actual footballers arrived from the substitute's bench.

Subs:

Bennett - 6 - Much improved, caused the Barnet defence a few problems. A more experienced player might've waited for the tackle from behind, fallen well and won a penalty at the end of the game there (when Miller put him through) - but his honesty was punished. On this showing, I'd give him another opportunity ahead of Hope - but he absolutely 100% must start in a front two with Miller.

Adams - 6 - Busy, involved and some actual passing to players in Blue shirts.

Kennedy - 6 - Not pretty but effective - the anti-Lambe. He needs to start - we miss his experience and nobody else brings that drive and determination to the heart of the team. If he's not fully fit, what the f... have our coaching staff been playing at?

Bennett's head must be a cube give the strange angles at which the ball comes off it. He needs time because there's a player in there somewhere. That is ABSOLUTELY the team that we MUST start with from now on, even if Kennedy is only partly fit and has to come off after an hour. I think that Lambe was better than you suggest, but he went up too many blind-alleys today and would be better as an impact player off the bench. Remember, he CAN score goals which we're struggling with. George is absolutely the better keeper.

Grand review Piglet.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)