+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Utterly dismal Pulis.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Utterly dismal Pulis.

It's truly remarkable how short a time it takes Pulis to "drill" the spontinaity out of a player.

J Rod already looks a shadow of the player who started against Bournemouth and Phillips no longer appears to be able to beat his man or get a decent cross in.

The £110k a week Pole didn't pull up any trees either.

Apart from the blocked Gibbs effort and a powder puff header from HRK we spent 90 odd minutes doing feck all.

Not good enough TP....your players,your team and four transfer windows and this is the best you can give the home fans!

Really P I SS POOR!!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    It's truly remarkable how short a time it takes Pulis to "drill" the spontinaity out of a player.

J Rod already looks a shadow of the player who started against Bournemouth and Phillips no longer appears to be able to beat his man or get a decent cross in.

The £110k a week Pole didn't pull up any trees either.

Apart from the blocked Gibbs effort and a powder puff header from HRK we spent 90 odd minutes doing feck all.

Not good enough TP....your players,your team and four transfer windows and this is the best you can give the home fans!

Really P I SS POOR!!
    What a waste of time & money & effort to go what a bag of s h i t thought brunt was our best player , another roller coaster season .

Not only were the two sides poor but the standard of refereeing was appalling, culminating with him not giving us a free kick when Collins went down injured. There was nobody near him and he just went down and took hold of the ball. Why wasn't a free kick given? There is nothing in the rules that states that if a player goes down injured he is allowed to handle the ball. To add insult to injury, we had to pass the ball back to their 'keeper! You couldn't make it up.

I have to say for the amount of money spent by both teams it was a very poor game of football, littered by stoppages our passing although a bit better was far to slow so we were always struggling to break them down, again Barry was outstanding and i thought Gibbs looked good and the only other positive was we didn't loose the game.

Agree with all comments. Barry, Gibbs and Evans did OK for me. Strange substitutions I thought ? Mozza should have done better with his free header and indeed the Collins incident was incredible. Not a good day for the ref.
    I was really hoping to see something special from Greg (whatever ). Whilst nothing too detrimental he didn't excel or live up to his apparent pedigree. Early days maybe. Let's hope so.
    Positives certainly Gibbs and indeed Gareth.
    Looking forward to Citeh .......

He is absolutely clueless at what his best team is. Brunt on the right AGAIN. No balance, no ambition or desire.
    1 He takes Brunt off, puts Rodriguez on the left and Phillips on the right
    2 A couple of minutes late he brings Mclean on then puts Rodriguez on the right.
    What is he doing?
    The first half was dismal 30% possession no saves for Hart. So what does he do at half time? Change formation? Change personnel? Switch personnel within his rigid boring formation. No he does nothing absolutely nothing. He must have thought it was working.
    That 90 minutes sums him and his sh#t football up.
    Say what you want about Peace but he'd have pulled the trigger on that idiot at the end of last season
    Honestly i'm livid.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    He is absolutely clueless at what his best team is. Brunt on the right AGAIN. No balance, no ambition or desire.
    1 He takes Brunt off, puts Rodriguez on the left and Phillips on the right
    2 A couple of minutes late he brings Mclean on then puts Rodriguez on the right.
    What is he doing?
    The first half was dismal 30% possession no saves for Hart. So what does he do at half time? Change formation? Change personnel? Switch personnel within his rigid boring formation. No he does nothing absolutely nothing. He must have thought it was working.
    That 90 minutes sums him and his sh#t football up.
    Say what you want about Peace but he'd have pulled the trigger on that idiot at the end of last season
    Honestly i'm livid.
    Peace sack him, he employed him to protect his pay off and if you read the article by Hammond he says the help from the owner allowed us to bring in the better players most of whom have only been at the club a couple of weeks, they have to be allowed time to settle in and start to get to know each other until then every point we pick up is a positive.

Agree the ref. Was appalling and to make it worse he added 5 minutes on. He must really hate us to give us another 5 minutes of that.
    Foster. Why is he timewasting at 0-0 ?

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    Peace sack him, he employed him to protect his pay off and if you read the article by Hammond he says the help from the owner allowed us to bring in the better players most of whom have only been at the club a couple of weeks, they have to be allowed time to settle in and start to get to know each other until then every point we pick up is a positive.
    That's it keep making excuses for him. Lets talk about the players who have "settled in" and got to know each other.

Phillips - done nothing in this calendar year He has played well for a month since his arrival. Championship player.
    Rondon- Benchwarmer and even that's too good for him.
    Chadli- played great, class in the number 10 roll. Then forced to play left wing. Totally nullifying his threat. Bombed out
    McClean - Headless chicken, no quality
    Nyom- Clearly not rated.
    Livermore-' Another waste of money offers nothing at all.
    Rodriguez- Theres a reason why he was behind Long, Austin, Gabbiadini in the pecking order at saints.

Ignore Hammond its an "old pals act" which is why we are stuck with that idiot.
    Peace saw what was coming with De Matteo and Clarke and got rid. He'd do the same with this clown in a heartbeat.

[QUOTE=Whicka_Mon;38655317]That's it keep making excuses for him. Lets talk about the players who have "settled in" and got to know each other.

Phillips - done nothing in this calendar year He has played well for a month since his arrival. Championship player.
    Rondon- Benchwarmer and even that's too good for him.
    Chadli- played great, class in the number 10 roll. Then forced to play left wing. Totally nullifying his threat. Bombed out
    McClean - Headless chicken, no quality
    Nyom- Clearly not rated.
    Livermore-' Another waste of money offers nothing at all.
    Rodriguez- Theres a reason why he was behind Long, Austin, Gabbiadini in the pecking order at saints.

Of all those players you have mentioned how many started today? we had 5 players playing today that are better than the players you mention but have only been at the club a short while and need time to settle in, i agree if in a month or so we are still playing the same way then questions will need to be asked as i said until then every point we pick up is good.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)