+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Warne reacts to defeat at Bradford

Warne reacts to defeat at Bradford

"Poor defending allowed X a free header".... we got away with it v Southend and Portsmouth, but it's generally been a repeating pattern that has resulted in goals being conceded in almost every game.... Warney still needs to sort that out

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    "Poor defending allowed X a free header".... we got away with it v Southend and Portsmouth, but it's generally been a repeating pattern that has resulted in goals being conceded in almost every game.... Warney still needs to sort that out
    That could be a question for the Fans' Forum: Why don't we have a defensive coach?
    The defence is clearly the weakest area of the team and I've lost count of the number of goals we've conceded from set pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    That could be a question for the Fans' Forum: Why don't we have a defensive coach?
    The defence is clearly the weakest area of the team and I've lost count of the number of goals we've conceded from set pieces.
    Been saying the same for months now. All the hype is signing this player, that player, etc etc when it's obvious we need to spend money on a defensive coach.

Too many elementary errors.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    No use in papering over the cracks,Woods is about ok with the ball coming onto him,he is useless at defending crosses,that is why under previous managers,and to Warne to some extent,he could not get a look in,needs to concentrate on his journalism job.
    Definitely need a quality centre back.