+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You can't give experienced teams goals

You can't give experienced teams goals

We showed naivety today. This villa team was coming into this game devoid of confidence. That 1st goal was paramount and we gifted them it. We get that 1st goal instead and it's a whole different ball game. The lads were noused out of this after the 1st goal. Villa used their experience to do a very professional job on us, credit to them but it was far too easy. Bad day at the office by the lads.

Moncur needs to learn to get the midfield instead of shying away. We had a good period of possession in the 1st half but couldn't capitalise. The defending was poor and really we gifted them the second. Far too much time and space for their front men. Both their first half goals came from nothing balls that need to be dealt with better.

No complaints, We're still learning and we should learn loads from this.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    We showed naivety today. This villa team was coming into this game devoid of confidence. That 1st goal was paramount and we gifted them it. We get that 1st goal instead and it's a whole different ball game. The lads were noused out of this after the 1st goal. Villa used their experience to do a very professional job on us, credit to them but it was far too easy. Bad day at the office by the lads.

Moncur needs to learn to get the midfield instead of shying away. We had a good period of possession in the 1st half but couldn't capitalise. The defending was poor and really we gifted them the second. Far too much time and space for their front men. Both their first half goals came from nothing balls that need to be dealt with better.

No complaints, We're still learning and we should learn loads from this.
    Thought John Terry was excellent for Villa pass especially first half when we had them pinned in their own half for a good spell .

Provided the know how because we were getting round the back of em at will in the first half and he kept us at bay with his positioning and experience .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Thought John Terry was excellent for Villa pass especially first half when we had them pinned in their own half for a good spell .

Provided the know how because we were getting round the back of em at will in the first half and he kept us at bay with his positioning and experience .

Last time JT was at oakwell he faced a totally different proposition in ferenzi and odd job. We were missing a physical presence like them two up top today. We're too nice I think animal

We got learnt a lesson , decent Villa , Naive Reds , not an arsoyling but a lesson learnt , we will get better some good play tonite , Forza di Reds UTFLWG

Last time JT was at oakwell he faced a totally different proposition in ferenzi and odd job. We were missing a physical presence like them two up top today. We're too nice I think animal
    Well we are too nice but then again you can't level it out anymore like the old Wimbledon did .

There are means and ways around that but It comes with experience , personally and speaking from a position of experience I'd have had a blow in Kodja's lug oil in the first half , bit of pushing and shoving with Lindsay I think it was , he was prime for a red card and he looked rattled , I'd have slept with his mother and I would have told him so , that's just the way I look at it by the way and I'm not suggesting its right but personally he would have had to have it .

As I say you can't kick players but there are other ways of making life uncomfortable if you have that streak in you and its something we haven't quite got as yet .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Well we are too nice but then again you can't level it out anymore like the old Wimbledon did .

There are means and ways around that but It comes with experience , personally and speaking from a position of experience I'd have had a blow in Kodja's lug oil in the first half , bit of pushing and shoving with Lindsay I think it was , he was prime for a red card and he looked rattled , I'd have slept with his mother and I would have told him so , that's just the way I look at it by the way and I'm not suggesting its right but personally he would have had to have it .

As I say you can't kick players but there are other ways of making life uncomfortable if you have that streak in you and its something we haven't quite got as yet .

Agreed mate, it's not always about the physical aspect to play dirty. Them Italians know a thing or two about inherent foul play and defending tight. I don't like it but believe it's necessary to succeed on a football pitch.

Agreed mate, it's not always about the physical aspect to play dirty. Them Italians know a thing or two about inherent foul play and defending tight. I don't like it but believe it's necessary to succeed on a football pitch.
    Whatever that lad said to Zidane in the world cup final it certainly hit the spot .

Best player takes the bait and they are playing with ten men .

Part of the game for me too mate .

calamity Davies at his best

we looked like rabbits in headlights.

Thort 3-0 flattered them , But Men against Boys edged it on this occasion ? I doubt they would be capable of doing that again , we have a good side forming down here ! That's been a lesson tonite and nowt to be ashamed abart either , Forza di Reds UTFLWG

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    calamity Davies at his best

we looked like rabbits in headlights.
    Well you say that and it was a poor error and I wouldn't dispute that .

That's the thing with keepers isn't it , mistakes are magnified because inevitably they lead to goals conceded .

Forwards miss chances and don't get nearly as much stick .

I think back to the two wembley finals and a couple of magnificent saves he pulled off to ensure we won both games , kid had no right to pull that off at 2-1 up against Oxford .

He's a good keeper for me .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast