+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Now That's What You Call A Work In Progress

Now That's What You Call A Work In Progress

No point singling out individual players for criticism , I'm sure we all know that mistakes like that are unlikely to win you many games in the championship .

We have some nice players , some very good technical ability , bring it down , knock it off , a bit of this and a bit of that .

It's very early days for this group and you have to factor that in , inconsistency was always going to surround us , buy young lads and that's what you get until they start to find their feet .

What I will say is this , we looked well short of leaders out there tonight for these young lads to gain a bit of direction from , I'm not talking of captain's but personalities , hopefully that will come as the season progresses .

Just a word to young McCarthy , at 0-3 down at home let's not be helping opposition players up after they have hit the turf .

I'm not suggesting stamp on his head but ffs leave the fecker on the floor please , too nice young man , hopefully you will learn .

Hard to say how it will go going forward this season to be honest , some things tonight were good and other things made me think it will be tight staying in the league .

It was Hecky that got it wrong today in his selection for me.

Sh it happens and move on but Bradshaw up front , meh not for me

Agree made it too easy fo Terry n co , Thiam n Ugbo up front and Bradshaw to join late on , Best side won , no arguments , Davies had a nightmare today , suppose it was due after the number of times he has saved us ,, still think we look good and top hafe finish , Forza di Reds UTFLWG

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    It was Hecky that got it wrong today in his selection for me.

Sh it happens and move on but Bradshaw up front , meh not for me
    Hecky doesn't know his players well enough yet , we've acquired for what ever reason too many in one hit and he's struggling to manage that at the moment , understandably .

Bradshaw was always going to start tonight , comes from a Villa supporting family and two goals at Villa Park last season , clearly Hecky thought he might deliver tonight and he scored in midweek too , again understandable .

Going to be hit n miss , just hopeful we will hit enough times to stay in the league .

Plenty to be optimistic about to be fair , there is talent in the squad .

There is talent in the squad but the dirty work and character comes first, always has done and always will do. Neil Warnock teams are experts at it. We must earn the right to play. I saw signs of physicality and ugliness at times. Hammill got stuck in early doors and so did Williams but far too many shat their pants, understandably they're young and still learning. We have some tall lads who will fill art and become more physical. Today reminded me of watching Keith hills team or the first few weeks when we were in the premier

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Hecky doesn't know his players well enough yet , we've acquired for what ever reason too many in one hit and he's struggling to manage that at the moment , understandably .

Bradshaw was always going to start tonight , comes from a Villa supporting family and two goals at Villa Park last season , clearly Hecky thought he might deliver tonight and he scored in midweek too , again understandable .

Going to be hit n miss , just hopeful we will hit enough times to stay in the league .

Plenty to be optimistic about to be fair , there is talent in the squad .
    If he'd have asked I could have told him Bradshaw wouldn't get a sniff up front by himself today along with everyone I spoke to and was sat near . He tried something and it failed , some you win some you lose but sometimes he baffles me.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    If he'd have asked I could have told him Bradshaw wouldn't get a sniff up front by himself today along with everyone I spoke to and was sat near . He tried something and it failed , some you win some you lose but sometimes he baffles me.
    The goal he scored midweek wasn't easy , it flahed across the box at a fair rate of knots but he produced a controlled finish .

Then just when you think we are on to something with him he struggles to control a single ball knocked up to him tonight .

Frustrating is Bradshaw , to say the least .

We rarely troubled Villa in fairness , Ronaldo n Messi up front forrus wid ev struggled , they did a job on us , was Hourihane playing ? Very quiet today !!!

Lets forget about the big party atmosphere and the emotional side to it as well (no offense to Mr Cryne here by the way and I hope he himself would also say the same).
    This was just another league game that happened to be shown live on sky sports, and we were sh*ite lets be honest.
    And Hecky really needs a slap tonight because he went with his utterly disgraceful 1 up front thing again, and Bradshaw was seriously left wanting again. Come on, Bradders is not good in this role and he really needs better service if hes going to be forced into this garbage role, and I don't blame Bradders.
    The service up front was total toss, and I couldn't understand why after the 2 up front changes had worked so well against Derby during the week, he/Hecky went with the stupid 1 up front at home yet again. Thiam was given about 25 minutes, and I want to know whats going on here, we've paid almost £1 mill for him so why is he being given the last 20+ minutes in matches ?.
    Davies made his first real howler of the season and I admit, he does make these co*ck ups sometimes, so lets hope he leaves it another few months before doing it again. I rated McCarthy & Williams to begin with today, and I thought Barnes, Moncur, & Bradshaw were mostly anonymous. Ugbo & Hedges both looked lively when they came on as subs, but thats still not saying much after the lack of anything before that.
    Last edited by Acido; 16-09-2017 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Lets forget about the big party atmosphere and the emotional side to it as well (no offense to Mr Cryne here by the way and I hope he himself would also say the same).
    This was just another league game that happened to be shown live on sky sports, and we were sh*ite lets be honest.
    And Hecky really needs a slap tonight because he went with his utterly disgraceful 1 up front thing again, and Bradshaw was seriously left wanting again. Come on, Bradders is not good in this role and he really needs better service if hes going to be forced into this garbage role, and I don't blame Bradders.
    The service up front was total toss, and I couldn't understand why after the 2 up front changes had worked so well against Derby during the week, he/Hecky went with the stupid 1 up front at home yet again. Thiam was given about 25 minutes, and I want to know whats going on here, we've paid almost £1 mill for him so why is he being given the last 20+ minutes in matches ?.
    Davies made his first real howler of the season and I admit, he does make these co*ck ups sometimes, so lets hope he leaves it another few months before doing it again. I rated McCarthy & Williams to begin with today, and I thought Barnes, Moncur, & Bradshaw were mostly anonymous. Ugbo & Hedges both looked lively when they came on as subs, but thats still not saying much after the lack of anything before that.
    We were poorer for Moncur going off. I've not been his biggest fan, but we were. He is the one that Hecky is on about when he says "We need belief".
    Potts will come good, and Moncs will if he decides he has confidence to crack it when he sees a chance. Some of the team are too frightened of having a dip
    Last edited by Jules88; 17-09-2017 at 12:01 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast