+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Certain things causing concern today

If we were playing attacking football and going for it but struggling for results folk would come back. but we are gash and have been for 16 months.

Anyone know if NKoyi was injured?

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    In all my many years supporting Dundee United I have seen many highs and lows, but always I felt they were my team. As a result of the past 2-3 years Dundee United do not feel like Dundee United any more. I have never experienced this before, even during the very tough days. Somehow I just feel so alienated from the Club, almost to the point that I could not care any more. I have been cut adrift.

The heart has been ripped out of the Club and as a result my heart for the Club has been ripped out as well. I want my Club back. My Club is not what stands in its place now.
    My feelings exactly Ram. How sad it has come to this.

It's called being a glory hunter lads. Love the team when they are doing well, go off them when they are ****e.

No shame in it - it's human nature.

Quote Originally Posted by FTD1983 View Post
    It's called being a glory hunter lads. Love the team when they are doing well, go off them when they are ****e.

My dear friend you need to re-read my post and absorb it to see how distant you are from the truth!

Quote Originally Posted by FTD1983 View Post

If i was a glory hunter why did i choose to support a team who had never won a major honour in its history?,when i was 11 the team up the street won their 5th trophy but i was still at Tannadice the next week.

Did you go online to moan about it though?

Don't think the term glory hunter can be labelled at anyone who supports anyone other than Celtic or Deadco.

Quote Originally Posted by huntedbyafreak View Post
    Don't think the term glory hunter can be labelled at anyone who supports anyone other than Celtic or Deadco.
    I totally agree.

Glory hunter is a relative term in Scottish football.

To me, stopping attendance when the going gets tough after a relatively successful recent history is the absolute epitome of it.

Lot of people get offended by the term but it's basic consumer rights and human nature.

If you think our recent cup successes haven't added to our support (over 20k there etc) and that these new fans used to the good times are starting to lose interest now you're deluded.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    In all my many years supporting Dundee United I have seen many highs and lows, but always I felt they were my team. As a result of the past 2-3 years Dundee United do not feel like Dundee United any more. I have never experienced this before, even during the very tough days. Somehow I just feel so alienated from the Club, almost to the point that I could not care any more. I have been cut adrift.

The heart has been ripped out of the Club and as a result my heart for the Club has been ripped out as well. I want my Club back. My Club is not what stands in its place now.
    Pretty much exactly how I feel at the moment.
    Seen some really awful United teams in the past but always felt good times were around the corner.
    All I see around the corner is a slow and painful death of a great club, due to deluded managers, plastic players and a greedy bald snake.
    When the real Dundee United returns so will I but for now they are the definition of insanity for me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)