+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Certain things causing concern today

Seems to me you are happy to admit you are considering not going at the moment as you don't enjoy it, mostly due to the poor quality and lack of positive results. You cite management and club board but they've never stopped you up until now and it's only since results and performances have turned extremely poor that you voice this desire to stop attending.

Also seems to me that fits the description of a glory hunter / fairweather fan, however you want to spin it - the sticking point for yourself seems to be getting labelled as anything - fair do's mate, I'm not judging you nor expecting you to justify your statements - you have no need to do so.

I'm just calling it like I see it. I've missed the last 3 home matches. 2 through lack of interest and one through a wedding I had to attend - I enjoyed all 3 of those weekends more than I would have at Tannadice and although I'll still support the club I'm forced to admit to myself that I'm clearly a bit of a "glory hunter" who doesn't fancy watching 11 boys in tangerine go through the motions and narrowly win, lose or draw with dross week in week out. We get to a cup semi (even the diddy cup) or the playoffs and I know I'd be there with bells on but a routine game at Tannadice vs Livi, Dumbarton, Brechin, QotS Morton etc - I'd honestly rather ****e in my hands and clap at the moment.

We are ****e. I don't think you'll find anyone on here who can hold hands up and say they think we are a good side or a well run club at the moment, and I've got enough **** going on in my life to put time and money into a hobby/passion that's dragging me down further.

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    would be nice to watch it without covering your eyes though eh!?
    A dozen pre match bevvies makes us look like Barca.

You should try it it's great��

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post

Oh i do only way but then spend most of game actually laughing at the way we play

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Not even close!

Until last season i very rarely managed an away day with not enough money and work getting in the way. Would never even thought about a game in Buckie but did that and now cant justify spending the money for no return, or with a negative return considering other goings on!
    Wasn't aimed at you personally Chick, just a general term for fans who don't go during hard times on the park. As a few boys have pointed out the term glory hunter is more for fans of the old firm.

If lack of money is the reason guys can't make it that's totally different and understandable.

Fans differ in the amount and type of commitments, responsibilities, time and money, that they have, all of which affects their ability to attend matches. Some are die hards, whilst other like to go to an occasional game to support the team of their choice and hopefully see a good match. Many fall in between the two extremes and have other interests that they like to pursue as well, hence the product on the park has to be of a standard that it is a more attractive option for the punter.

If the majority of fans feel they are being cheated by the product on the park or are just wasting their time, then sooner or later other options will predominate.

It's got to be worthwhile (for most).

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post

It doesnt, it just makes you want to go back to pub at half time lol

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Don't know about the pub, but on Saturday we defo considered retiring to our vehicle and the kerry oot which was inside

Well one of my concerns has been answered!

Quinn should not have been in the line up in the first place! Does the manager have any idea about not playing guys who are not at their best?

I also wonder if N'Koyi was forced though training the day before with a sore leg then pulled his hamstring!

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    especially in the death trap cappielow

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Well one of my concerns has been answered!

Quinn should not have been in the line up in the first place! Does the manager have any idea about not playing guys who are not at their best?

I also wonder if N'Koyi was forced though training the day before with a sore leg then pulled his hamstring!
    Quinn was on codeine - now i thought that was a banned substance?????

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)