+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ARRY Sacked

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Mr Bean will look at his stats and advise Mister Lee.
    Bali Tai La's position is safe.
    Going to be interesting with Billy Beane and our recruitment model .

Age was no barrier for the Oakland A's , they were looking for undervalued players who could do a job for them , I believe they signed a 32 year old from the Minors and one or two more of that age who were considered past their sell by date .

Beane recruits to win and be succesful on the field and not to be financially solvent .

Yo Mr Bean !

A wo thinking Setdi when Craig Hignett walked art a wonder if Higgy could do a job for us in midfield.

Why does Hecky keep tinkering with his formation and substitutions? It gives me the impression he doesn't know his best 11 and what tactics to use at times. I think at home you have to sacrifice a midfielder and play with two up front. Thiam cost nearly a million quid and is feeding off scraps. As is Bradshaw who clearly isn't a target man. If he is going to tinker he needs to play people on merit.

Yo Mr Bean !

A wo thinking Setdi when Craig Hignett walked art a wonder if Higgy could do a job for us in midfield.
    I'm not certain how close Brad Pitt portrayed the real Beane in the film .

If it's close to his real character he's going to put one or two noses out of joint at Oakwell , doesn't care who he upsets and that includes owners .

I hope he dun't come in overruling Hecky in the selection of players to buy. Wi dun't do it like that in England.

Sounds to me like he'll be a glorified director of football??

I hope he dun't come in overruling Hecky in the selection of players to buy. Wi dun't do it like that in England.
    Well in the film he's the opposite to corporate guy I can tell you that .

Not sure if Mr Lee and co quite know what they have allowed in to their inner circle .

That said , the film portrayal could be just for effect but part of me thinks that you would have to be one outspoken arrogant tw@t to pull something like that off in american sport .

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Sounds to me like he'll be a glorified director of football??
    He never watched any of the A's games , his job was to put the roster together and the coaches looked after the team , don't think he even watched em clinch the world series , he was visiting his daughter I believe that day .

I've not said a lot about the takeover as I can't decide if it's good or not.
    What I do know is that I would rather stay a Yo yo League 1/ Championship club profitable/self sufficient with a core 10k support who are following a club that appreciates its support, is in tune with local people and flirts with success now and then than a plaything/experiment for a mega rich dictatorship who will most definitely increase prices, show scant regard for supporters, History or current personnel, (be that players, coaches or legends such as Barry Murphy in his role as "Ambassador").

"What's the alternative Jules? We're in a corner ?"
    Yes, I know. And the phrase "Pc will have seen to it that there's provisions to look after his club even after he's gone" doesn't wash...... it can't and won't happen.

I'm astounded that we can't find a more stable type of option. The previous seven or so clubs this consortium have looked at have either been lucky in the move breaking down, or unlucky in that they've missed out on the best thing ever to happen to them.
    I suspect it's the former. Time will tell.

We've no control, the sale is a "Distress sale " of an asset we care deeply about. The uncertainty and poor communication to the fans (by the consortium) about their intentions aren't helping.

God knows we have had enough upset in the club since Norm's passing with unfortunately more to come.

If it's going to happen then get it done, get it sorted, and quickly.

Jules a new broom always sweeps clean I wouldn't be surprised if there are wholesale changes. Maurice Watkins has already gone. As has Mark Burton. No ones telling me that was coincidence.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast