+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ARRY Sacked

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Jules a new broom always sweeps clean I wouldn't be surprised if there are wholesale changes. Maurice Watkins has already gone. As has Mark Burton. No ones telling me that was coincidence.
    Burton and Watkins weren't linked why they left

Mo Watkins wo brought in by PC to look after his interests (for a fee).
    They are golf club buddies. No PC, then no Mo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    I've not said a lot about the takeover as I can't decide if it's good or not.
    What I do know is that I would rather stay a Yo yo League 1/ Championship club profitable/self sufficient with a core 10k support who are following a club that appreciates its support, is in tune with local people and flirts with success now and then than a plaything/experiment for a mega rich dictatorship who will most definitely increase prices, show scant regard for supporters, History or current personnel, (be that players, coaches or legends such as Barry Murphy in his role as "Ambassador").

"What's the alternative Jules? We're in a corner ?"
    Yes, I know. And the phrase "Pc will have seen to it that there's provisions to look after his club even after he's gone" doesn't wash...... it can't and won't happen.

I'm astounded that we can't find a more stable type of option. The previous seven or so clubs this consortium have looked at have either been lucky in the move breaking down, or unlucky in that they've missed out on the best thing ever to happen to them.
    I suspect it's the former. Time will tell.

We've no control, the sale is a "Distress sale " of an asset we care deeply about. The uncertainty and poor communication to the fans (by the consortium) about their intentions aren't helping.

God knows we have had enough upset in the club since Norm's passing with unfortunately more to come.

If it's going to happen then get it done, get it sorted, and quickly.
    Times have changed Jules , Patrick hasn't run the club like Ernest Dennis or Geoff Buckle did either , I think you will find that managers were given far more time than we have offered during the Cryne tenure , Andy Ritchie the underlined example .

This is just a natural progression to the real world of english football in today's market .

The corporates own the game and that is that .

You either accept it or you find something else to do I'm afraid .

You cannot compete in today's championship under our present model and I don't want league one and two fayre .

I've accepted it .

To get us all to accept it better it should be done swiftly. I don't want to be dinasaurs either, but I'd prefer if we still retained a bit of history and pride. I work in an environment that's moving very swiftly to cope with change, costs and competition, it's moving fast and we realise that if we don't move quickly with it we are "toast" as a company, and if the older amongst the workforce don't change with it we are toast too. In doing this 150 years of pride in our tradition is being lost, and there's a sadness there.
    Somewhere in the middle would be nice...
    you look at Wigans plight and wonder what they did over the past ten years was actually worth it to be where they are now.
    Perhaps I'm being selfish, Ive seen us in the Prem, and don't think it's actually worth it.
    Who's to say that we won't get a season under l the new owners and then end up like Coventryy?

I've accepted it because I can't change it. I don't know if it's a good thing though.
    Last edited by Jules88; 18-09-2017 at 12:34 PM.

Don't cross the road you might get run over

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Don't cross the road you might get run over
    I have been once.

Bloody hell Jules. Never? Sorry mate

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234