+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Nuno EspÃ*rito Santo

Nuno EspÃ*rito Santo

Early days but I'm really warming to the guy.
    I like the way he talks, his honesty, and it looks like he is here to genuinely do a job.

It did look a bit bizarre employing another ex-goalkeeper not long after a previous goalkeeper had been replaced by a disappointing Paul Lambert, things could have gone terribly wrong with so much chopping and changing in such a short space of time.

Anyway, the side looks balanced, stable, and Nuno seems tactically astute so far.

There is an awful long way to go and form and luck can change in an instant but so far, so good.

Thoughts?

Jesus.

What happened to the header???????

He has Champions league experience...knows how he wants to play, for example one forward and zonal marking...speaks excellent English, he is not a ranter or raver.....Big Boys (Domestic and Foreign) may be after him if he does a great job here....Unless we Become big boys again.....I love the way he refers to the fans as a PACK

Needed to bump this one up.

A quarter into the season and Wolves are averaging over the magic 2 points per game.

Still early days but No No, as some d1ckhead called him, is starting to really shine in, let's be honest, one of the hardest leagues in the world to succeed in.

Top man.

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    Early days but I'm really warming to the guy.
    I like the way he talks, his honesty, and it looks like he is here to genuinely do a job.

It did look a bit bizarre employing another ex-goalkeeper not long after a previous goalkeeper had been replaced by a disappointing Paul Lambert, things could have gone terribly wrong with so much chopping and changing in such a short space of time.

Anyway, the side looks balanced, stable, and Nuno seems tactically astute so far.

There is an awful long way to go and form and luck can change in an instant but so far, so good.

Thoughts?
    I'm enjoying the football the side are playing. I only have to look at the way the players are warming up before the game to see a different mindset with Nuno and his coaching staff compared to previous manager's and head coaches. One thing Nuno is doing is trying to keep as many as the same starting eleven as possible, if he thinks a player isn't performing then he knows he has got an adequate replacement to come in.

Yesterday, with game at 0-0, Nuno decided to make a tactical change for the start of the second half, it paid off in my opinion. There's a long way to go yet in the season and Wolves fans know more than most not to count their chickens just yet!

Just gone up another notch after his comments on being linked with the Everton job.
    Honest and unfazed.

Top man.

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    Just gone up another notch after his comments on being linked with the Everton job.
    Honest and unfazed.

Top man.
    Also his interview in the Express and Star where he stated nothing is won in November, ie the league and he wants everyone to keep their focus.

Wise words if you ask me. Expectation levels have risen, but again there is a lot of games left to play and plenty of points up for grabs.

More Info Click Here

My man love for this bloke gets even bigger

Wonderful scenes at the full time whistle.

We are very very lucky to have him.

He has made an effort with the fans. Which is more than we can say of some other managers we have had.

He celebrates as if he’s a fan himself. He sticks up for his players, but never makes excuses for our performance.

Don’t know how long he will be our manager, but I hope it’s a long time. But I’m afraid that he will be poached if we are able to stay up next season. Him staying at Wolves will depend on our ambitions.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)