+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Singapore GP

Singapore GP

Carnage at the start as Vettel takes out Raikkonen and Verstappen and then spins out himself allowing Hamilton to go into the lead from 5th.
    Palmer up to 5th too.
    Hamilton loves the rain so if he keeps going he will have a 28 point lead.

Duly won it so must be ecstatic after being fifth in practice. Now has 28 points lead and Bottas closing in on him.
    Palmer got 6th his highest ever place, but finds Saintz will take his place next year

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Duly won it so must be ecstatic after being fifth in practice. Now has 28 points lead and Bottas closing in on him.
    Palmer got 6th his highest ever place, but finds Saintz will take his place next year
    Handed to him on a plate which he simply lapped up and said, "Thank you very much"! I like Hamilton!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Handed to him on a plate which he simply lapped up and said, "Thank you very much"! I like Hamilton!
    Surprised no one was punished for causing the accident, Vettel does this fast swerve in front of his front row compatriot regularly. Pity he he got away with this, a 10 place grid penalty would have killed the championship. I suppose that's a good reason not to penalise him. It kindly opened the door for Hamilton to follow down his line into second and just avoid the carnage.
    I don't like Vettel.

Me neither!

"........I don't like Vettel."
    "Me neither!"

Careful chaps --you will be getting branded with the 'r' word!

He has about the same charm factor as Southgate but to compound the issue he's also a rather soulless German!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    He has about the same charm factor as Southgate but to compound the issue he's also a rather soulless German!
    Vorsicht!!

He's also a very dangerous driver. If we did that on the road we would get points and maybe a ban if it caused a smash.
    Isn't it time these manoeuvres were banned in the way that cyclists in sprints are supposed to maintain their line (Cavendish flattener kicked out of the Tour de France).
    F1 should require drivers at the start to maintain their line and not make sudden lurches to one side or another on the straights until they are near the corner.
    Ok I'm an idealist, but a fair sprint to the first corner would be more exciting, Vettel would have won the corner anyway.

I feel sorry for Kimi.He had by far the best start and arguably would have been leading into Turn 1.He was also the most innocent out of the three drivers.
    However Ferrari would have probably engineered a way to give the win back to Vettel.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)