+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Changes for Shrewsbury

Changes for Shrewsbury

Time for one or 2 players to be dropped to perk them up a bit notably Dominic Samuel who looked poor for the second game running also antonsson who has a bit of Rhodes about him
    He clearly knows where the net is but lacks in effort
    Ward also needs some time out as yesterday he really did struggle panicked constantly and gave the ball away with needless hacks up field
    I would be tempted to play Graham and nuttall up front and put Dowling in the back
    The rest I would leave alone for what is a crucial game for us.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Time for one or 2 players to be dropped to perk them up a bit notably Dominic Samuel who looked poor for the second game running also antonsson who has a bit of Rhodes about him
    He clearly knows where the net is but lacks in effort
    Ward also needs some time out as yesterday he really did struggle panicked constantly and gave the ball away with needless hacks up field
    I would be tempted to play Graham and nuttall up front and put Dowling in the back
    The rest I would leave alone for what is a crucial game for us.
    Robin - I'm a bit puzzled at how fast Gladwin has dropped down the pecking-order. We paid hard cash for him, and he was one of the stars of the pre-season matches, but he hasn't started a single league-game. Looking at his record, it seems he has predominantly played as a central midfielder, although we have used him mainly, wide-left.
    I suppose he has suffered from Conway's return and from the fact that TM has preferred two defensively minded players in central midfield to protect our injury-damaged defence.
    4-3-3 is very much out of fashion now, but I wonder if that wouldn't suit our players better in our home games. As it is, TM is finding it difficult to give a chance to some of the incomers.
    The trouble is, the manager is very aware of our lack of pace in central defence, but I would be interested to see what would happen with a "Coyle-let's-win-by-5-goals-to-4" approach at home, given our skill-level, compared to some L.1 teams.
    That would mean (assuming Conway is out for a while) a line-up such as:
    Raya
    Caddis Ward (Downing) Mulgrew Williams (Hart) [4]
    Dack (Bennett) Smallwood (Evans) Gladwin (Whittingham) [3]
    Chapman Graham (Samuel) Nuttall (Antonsson) [3]

High-risk, and definitely not going to happen, I know, but I do feel that while TM has got the away games sorted pretty well, he might think about trying to take the home matches by the scruff of the neck.
    Of course, if Samuel had taken that first-minute chance, all this would probably not have arisen, because Wimbledon would have had to adopt a different game-plan then.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)