+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do Notts have another gear?

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Yes, a couple of high-quality loans would do the trick - one up front and one at the back. A serious injury to Brisley or Forte/Stead and we'll be relying on players like Hollis and Saunders. That's a big enough drop in quality to turn those 1-0 wins into 0-1 losses. We seem to have enough strength in midfield, especially with Thompson and O'Connor to (eventually) come back.
    Agree

I said on another thread before the window closed..CB and CF we could win the league.
    We have a solid group that look solid and very organised but we looked that under KC and for a spell under Derry..so not getting too excited yet. If we can stay clear of injury until January and keep grinding out results..maybe AH will roll the dice and reinforce what will have been a great effort by that point.

With a goalscoring forward we would go up another gear. In the summer, it worried me that midfield wasn't strengthened, but after Yates joined from Forest, that was immediately remedied. Defence will muddle through, given the limited threat posed by the opposition at this level. It's just up front that we need another face, a Forte type but better, more of a Bartlett. I realise that is easier said than done though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    With a goalscoring forward we would go up another gear. In the summer, it worried me that midfield wasn't strengthened, but after Yates joined from Forest, that was immediately remedied. Defence will muddle through, given the limited threat posed by the opposition at this level. It's just up front that we need another face, a Forte type but better, more of a Bartlett. I realise that is easier said than done though.
    Yes...Bartlett style pacey attacker that literally scares the living crap out of defenders would be a good addition in Jan. But I'm not complaining. If everybody stays fit we might be lurking around the playoffs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12