+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A really good point !!!!!!!!!!

A really good point !!!!!!!!!!

Honestly , against a team second bottom , confidence shot , not a single attempt on target and he is thinks it's a really good point ???? , if he genuinely thinks that then we are ****ed .

Yes we are two points off top but that says more about the standard in this league because we are ****ing awful , clueless and leaderless from top to bottom

I wouldn't expect him to say anything else

the weird thing about it is if you asked fans at the start of the season you would draw the first game at falkirk 0-0 i reckon most would take it. however with the start they have had this should have been a great chance for us to boost our confidence while making one of "title rivals" bad start continue, instead we allowed them to gain a point which will be more of a positive to them and allow them to gain abit of confidence.

i can see where hes coming from. its the example of drawing 0-0 away at aberdeen or something if in prem. drawing away from home against a team who are meant to be around about you in the league.

not defending him but i can see what he means. surely he needs to see that we need alot more from everyone including himself

I'd say it was a good point rather than a really good point.
    A shut out on the astro's no bad.
    We've only conceded 5 goals, 3 of them at St Mirren so otherwise 2 goals in 5 games.
    So can we say the defence is doing ok?
    Issue at the other end tho, we've only scored 5 goals in 6 games & is it only 3 from open play?
    Lacking a cutting edge but maybe once we get a bit of confidence upfront we'll start to fire & I think N'Koyi might have a hand in that. Plus Keatings with set pieces too.

Not even a no bad point , the chance was there to dent there confidence further , is that how poor we have become that fans think performances and results like that are acceptable ?????

its a decent point away but if we were any better then we would have won the game easily, they were there for the taken. they'd probably say the same about us.

the worrying thing i noticed was the lack of options from the bench. there was only 1 sub only ever gonna come on if were needing to change the game and that was keatings. the rest were defenders or DM's.

where was fraser, Nkoyi, matty smith or Piggot? someone attack minded??? id rather throw a 16yr old winger/striker on the bench than have a bench full of defensive centre mids. no options up top.

I suppose normally an away draw at Falkirk would almost, just about, be ok...............however on the back of all these poor performances, this insistance on playing 1 up, the team selections/tactics, poor player performances and the utter s.hite disaster of the last 3 years, folk have a low tolerance now and rightly so.

I am afraid Ray is on very thin ice, next couple of games are critical. I wanted Ray to do well here, and still do, but it is looking increasingly unlikely. Hope all Arabs can get right behind the team against Morton , we play well and achieve an excellent result. Every week is becoming more important and critical for our club, so get the feking finger oot lads .

See if it was a 0-0 in a game full of chances, with end to end football where the Falkirk keeper comes away with the Man of the Match award after a string of great saves. I'd be totally fine with it. In a vacuum, a point away to Falkirk isn't a terrible point. But compound it with numerous awful displays against part time teams at home, not just this season, but for the past 15 months, then that's where I feel it's completely unacceptable, and more than worthy of earning the manager his P45.

The standard of football last season was dreadful and left me feeling like Tannadice was the last place in the world I'd want to be in a Saturday afternoon, but in the end, I was more than happy to allow Ray the summer to rebuild and create a side that would rectify our deficiencies of last season and most importantly entertain the fans once again. The signings on the whole were exciting, the lack of a physical presence concerned me slightly, but I felt the individual quality of the players brought in would shine through, and we'd have too much for any other team in the division. Yet it's taken all but a handful of games to make absolutely clear that nothing's changed with Raymond, he's still the same cautious manager who plays one up front at home against Brechin and Dumbarton and who's main focus is to not get beat, and there's absolutely nothing to suggest that approach has changed this season. At any level, that's completely unacceptable for a manager at a club of Dundee United's standing, for the manager of a first division Dundee United it's enough to get lynched.

In my mind, Ray has one more game to save his job, he must set out to steamroll Morton at home on Saturday, if he doesn't, the support will turn on him big style, there will be open rebellion in the East Stand at 16:45.

Is Matty Smith still injured? Thought he looked decent and would have had him in and around the side if fit

It's a decent point nothing more or less, however if we were playing well with confidence then its a game in the circumstances we should be winning

Still not doing enough in the forward areas, however it does seem a bit crazy to be talking of sacking a manager who is 15 games and 6 months unbeaten at home just now (10 wins) and was 16 unbeaten at home before that (12 wins), so 1 defeat in 32 home games with 22 being wins

In normal circumstances a draw at Falkirk would be viewed as okay. However, the manner in which it was achieved did nothing to lift the spirit and hopes of the supporters. The much needed improvement in performance still eludes us. Our lack of fire power up front, described by Ray in today's Sunday Post as...'the only slight negative,' will cost us a play off place, never mind promotion, unless there is a marked improvement, which no one sees on the horizon. After 6 games, Dunfermline are 12 goals better off than us (goal difference). That is two goals per game!! Okay, okay, things can change quickly in football.........unless it's at Tannadice!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)