+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A really good point !!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Is Matty Smith still injured? Thought he looked decent and would have had him in and around the side if fit

It's a decent point nothing more or less, however if we were playing well with confidence then its a game in the circumstances we should be winning

Still not doing enough in the forward areas, however it does seem a bit crazy to be talking of sacking a manager who is 15 games and 6 months unbeaten at home just now (10 wins) and was 16 unbeaten at home before that (12 wins), so 1 defeat in 32 home games with 22 being wins
    yip great spin!

in the championship,with prob the biggest budget and then remember what is being viewed on the pitch weekly without any improvement?

big word IF....it covers many failings or presents said blinkers to the anointed !

We played 2 up front but that totally ruined player playing in correct positions stanton and mcmullan not as effective as a result. In all honesty i wouldnt say anyone was pure gash its just we havent gelled yet or they dinnae understand where or why they are playing certain positions. Morton next and Quintongo back from injury and on fire apparently. Need to win this one.

Quote Originally Posted by DerryJungle View Post
    See if it was a 0-0 in a game full of chances, with end to end football where the Falkirk keeper comes away with the Man of the Match award after a string of great saves. I'd be totally fine with it. In a vacuum, a point away to Falkirk isn't a terrible point. But compound it with numerous awful displays against part time teams at home, not just this season, but for the past 15 months, then that's where I feel it's completely unacceptable, and more than worthy of earning the manager his P45.

The standard of football last season was dreadful and left me feeling like Tannadice was the last place in the world I'd want to be in a Saturday afternoon, but in the end, I was more than happy to allow Ray the summer to rebuild and create a side that would rectify our deficiencies of last season and most importantly entertain the fans once again. The signings on the whole were exciting, the lack of a physical presence concerned me slightly, but I felt the individual quality of the players brought in would shine through, and we'd have too much for any other team in the division. Yet it's taken all but a handful of games to make absolutely clear that nothing's changed with Raymond, he's still the same cautious manager who plays one up front at home against Brechin and Dumbarton and who's main focus is to not get beat, and there's absolutely nothing to suggest that approach has changed this season. At any level, that's completely unacceptable for a manager at a club of Dundee United's standing, for the manager of a first division Dundee United it's enough to get lynched.

In my mind, Ray has one more game to save his job, he must set out to steamroll Morton at home on Saturday, if he doesn't, the support will turn on him big style, there will be open rebellion in the East Stand at 16:45.
    Excellent post, and agree 100%

It is a really good point for us

Cos we are f ucking ****e and our manager doesn't have a clue!!!

I could accept it as a good point if Falkirk tried to destroy us as they twice did last season! But this was a team that was there for the taking, and we didnt have the firepower to put them to the sword!

As a comparison, i think we played as bad yesterday as we did in the 3-0 game there last season, but Falkirk have thankfully fallen just enough to be worse than us.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    It is a really good point for us

Cos we are f ucking ****e and our manager doesn't have a clue!!!
    COntext and perspective thats 100% true

If we win the league by 1 point we can look back and say it was a good point but at the moment it's not likely. The football this season makes your eyes bleed. Sat is a massive game for Ray, he has very few friends in the support now.

Wondered how long it would take before our "great" home form got threw in to defend the fraud in the dugout. Our horrendous away record easily counter balances it. Rays lucks slowly running out at home (brechin/Dumbarton) and if duffys any sense he'll go for the throat from the off.

Quote Originally Posted by arab81 View Post
    Wondered how long it would take before our "great" home form got threw in to defend the fraud in the dugout. Our horrendous away record easily counter balances it. Rays lucks slowly running out at home (brechin/Dumbarton) and if duffys any sense he'll go for the throat from the off.

Don't forget our brilliant defensive record. Best in the league so far!

Quote Originally Posted by arab81 View Post
    They'll be mindful of the pasting we gave them in the play offs I reckon.

Maybe we should bring back Kuate for this one

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)