+ Visit Hibernian FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hibs team assessment so far

Hibs team assessment so far

We have now played six games 2 wins 3 draws and 1 defeat not bad but not great I am not totally unhappy and maybe Neil's comments about finishing second have come back to haunt him.
    As a support we constantly complained about not having width we now have Boyle, Swanson and Barker all decent players yet yesterday Well took advantage of it and overrun Mcginn in the centre of midfield by the time we got Slivka and Mcgeough on we had our backs to the wall.
    Don't get me wrong it was a good game of football for the fans to watch probably more for the Well fans as they came back from 2 goals down and Lennon Isn't a happy man. So I have put my assessmant below.

Rocky although I like him he hasn't had a clean sheet yet and got beat at the near post again yesterday by Moult for the first he has to work harder on this.

David Gray he hasn't been a regular but thought he played well yesterday and needs more games took a heavy injury and hope he is fine.

Whittaker has seemed to unerve the hibs support as lewis has been left out I thought he played well yesterday and pinged a couple of decent ball from one side of the park to the other as were Lewis can stuggle to get the ball past the first man.

Hanlon has played well but I don't know if it was the park seemed to slip a couple of times yesterday noticed this from the south when we changed ends.

Effe drives me mad has that talent to read the game well but is not Darren Mcgregor in the middle of defence, Neil has tried a few different players in the middle of defence but Hanlon and Mcgregor is the best pairing or Fontaine as they are all physical players and have a good understanding together. Effe is not good in the air and when it gets physical he goes down like a sack of tatties.

Mgregor and Fontaine out injured hurry back soon guys

Stevenson a good defender but I feel will not get a regular place this season unless he can improve his distribution quickly.

Porteous is definately worth a chance in the livi game and Neil might have to take a chance with him stong young lad can he do it I think he can.

Boyle nice to see him back and his pace brought about the penalty yesterday must work on his composure in front of gioals.

Swanson must be frustrated when Lennon signed Barker but he Is a talented player who scored lots of goals from midfield last season has to be in against Livi from the start needs to work as part of a team though and his desperation to get himself on the scorsheet has led to the loss of three points last week against St Jonstone was an example. Cmon Danny

Mcginn has been doing quite well from midfield but felt he had to much to do when Well stepped up a gear yesterday.

Slivka looks a player and didn't take him to long to get into the game yesterday and helped bring us back in again.

Barker had a good game yesterday and tormented the Well right back in the first half sent some quality balls into the box.

Bartley although had a decent game did he have somonelses boots on yesterday as he spent a lot of the time on his lard ass buy him a pair od decent boots Neil. He is a strong player who is needed to play in front of back four until Mcgregor returns.

Simon Murray got off to a blistering start but defenders have started to get a measure of him and try not to let balls get in behind them to prevent his pace causing problems needs to work harder goals will come.

Stokes starting to look better every game and took his goals well yesterday.

Bid Dave has been second choice and is a totally different player from Murray but feel this should be our front two against Livi and have stokes on the bench.

We did look good in periods yesterday but Motherwell played equally as well and pulled together and have to admit thought they were going to pinch it. We have a good squad but it's time to gel together better would I like Moult at ER in January oh yes but if he keeps playing like that he will be going back down south for a bigger wage.
    Last edited by theoldman; 17-09-2017 at 11:04 AM.

Lennon made his feelings known spot on Link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hochYNC4rWE

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)